Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

Right, after changing the background and dragging the window around I see it is very subtle. Great work, thanks.

I managed to enable hd4400 on 10.10.2, but on earlier version of OSX I used OpenCL patch, that doesn't work anymore. It helped with preview.app crashes.

Code:
# Patch libCLVMIGILPlugin for HD4400 OpenCL / OpenGL
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|([\xFF\xFC\x3D])\x86\x80\x12\x04|$1\x86\x80\x16\x0A|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

Is there any alternative yet?

I managed to enable hd4400 on 10.10.2, but on earlier version of OSX I used OpenCL patch, that doesn't work anymore. It helped with preview.app crashes.

Code:
# Patch libCLVMIGILPlugin for HD4400 OpenCL / OpenGL
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|([\xFF\xFC\x3D])\x86\x80\x12\x04|$1\x86\x80\x16\x0A|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

Is there any alternative yet?

Read post #1.

Yes, but after update i rerun those commands, so I guess my backup file was rewrote. I only need to restore original libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib? If yes, would someone kind provide me with an original file from 10.10.2?

Yes, but after update i rerun those commands, so I guess my backup file was rewrote. I only need to restore original libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib? If yes, would someone kind provide me with an original file from 10.10.2?

If you only ran the perl command once after the update, your original 10.10.2 file is the .dylib.bak.

Restored and checked MD5 sum. This is what i got:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]MacBook-Pro-Majkwin:~ Majkwin$ md5 /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]MD5 (/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib) = 1fe6f58f6719d9bc3a1e6e16483a9f62[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]MacBook-Pro-Majkwin:~ Majkwin$ MD5 (/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib) = 6d325a0b3785e82b8074fb8f64005fdd[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib'[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]MacBook-Pro-Majkwin:~ Majkwin$

I guess it wasn't original file after all.[/FONT]

Restored and checked MD5 sum. This is what i got:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]MacBook-Pro-Majkwin:~ Majkwin$ md5 /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]MD5 (/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib) = 1fe6f58f6719d9bc3a1e6e16483a9f62[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]MacBook-Pro-Majkwin:~ Majkwin$ MD5 (/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib) = 6d325a0b3785e82b8074fb8f64005fdd[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib'[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]MacBook-Pro-Majkwin:~ Majkwin$

I guess it wasn't original file after all.[/FONT]

md5 for 10.10.2 libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib: 2fee4564e9fec6f9f400603570fdea9b

Hello guys,

I have a laptop Alienware 18, Haswell Processor and a Intel HD 4600. I've followed post #1 and had my graphics working fine on Yosemite 10.10.2. Thanks to all, RehabMan, the-darkvoid, and all others guys for your big contribution to this community.

I have only two issues that I need more help:

1. Menubar and some icons are uggly (glitches) and Screensaver thdoesnt work on the first login. Logout/Logon resolves this issue, but I would like to know if there is something that I could do to resolve this issue without need to logout/logon everytime.

2. When I hotplug an HDMI (out) cable, I had my image mirrored or duplicated, fine! But when I unplug the cable my screen image gets corrupted, and sometimes I think it get kernel panic and my machine restarts. Thare is some patch or procedure to resolve this?

Very thanks you all.

Hello guys,

I have a laptop Alienware 18, Haswell Processor and a Intel HD 4600. I've followed post #1 and had my graphics working fine on Yosemite 10.10.2. Thanks to all, RehabMan, the-darkvoid, and all others guys for your big contribution to this community.

I have only two issues that I need more help:

1. Menubar and some icons are uggly (glitches) and Screensaver thdoesnt work on the first login. Logout/Logon resolves this issue, but I would like to know if there is something that I could do to resolve this issue without need to logout/logon everytime.

Read post #1 regarding the "9mb cursor bytes patch"

2. When I hotplug an HDMI (out) cable, I had my image mirrored or duplicated, fine! But when I unplug the cable my screen image gets corrupted, and sometimes I think it get kernel panic and my machine restarts. Thare is some patch or procedure to resolve this?

Do you have HDMI audio completely implemented?

Read post #1 regarding the "9mb cursor bytes patch"

In my config.plist, I had this:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAA=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>disabled:AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAkAA=
                </data>
            </dict>

and now I replaced for this (first post instruction):

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <string>0600260a01030303000000020000300100006000</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <string>0600260a01030303000000020000300100009000</string>
</dict>

Now, It working fine! I miss this because I thought it was only for HD 4400, because its under HD 4400 sub-section. Sorry.

Do you have HDMI audio completely implemented?

No. I have no audio at all (neither hdmi or pc speaker). I will try search for this now. Do you know if I can find this in this topic?

Thanks again.

Back