Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Why would you replace the perfectly good kext provided by Apple with something you downloaded on the internet?

Yeah i know that was a bad decision but i was quite desperate at that time and wanted to try everything.

Only 10.10.5 is available from the Mac App Store currently (provided you downloaded it previously).
What do you mean by "Yosemite image"?

What i mean is: i have both Yosemite 10.10.5 and the 10.10.0 versions, which one would you recommend to use?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What i mean is: i have both Yosemite 10.10.5 and the 10.10.0 versions, which one would you recommend to use?

I don't see how it matters... even if you install 10.10.0, you will eventually update to 10.10.5.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I don't see how it matters... even if you install 10.10.0, you will eventually update to 10.10.5.

I'm asking only because i've seen people having problems only with specific minor versions (ex. everything ok on 10.10 but issues appeared after updating to 10.10.1 or 10.10.2 and so on).

Probably i'm worrying about a non-existent matter but i wanted to be doubly sure, that's why i asked :)

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello there again,
i have some very good news: i reinstalled everything and managed to make everything work thanks to your guides about installation, backlight, battery and DSDT patching.

The only thing that's not working is HDMI Audio, i don't mind much about it, as i use it rarely, but i would like to make it work.
I tried cloverHDMI script by toleda but for some reason it stops when it tries to find the Audio Codec.
I also tried installing VoodooHDA after disabling AppleHDA using AppleHDADisabler.kext but all Audio outputs work except HDMI Audio.

Is there anything else i could try?

PS: I would like to thank you very much RehabMan for pointing me the right direction and making me learn new stuff ;)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there again,
i have some very good news: i reinstalled everything and managed to make everything work thanks to your guides about installation, backlight, battery and DSDT patching.

The only thing that's not working is HDMI Audio, i don't mind much about it, as i use it rarely, but i would like to make it work.
I tried cloverHDMI script by toleda but for some reason it stops when it tries to find the Audio Codec.
I also tried installing VoodooHDA after disabling AppleHDA using AppleHDADisabler.kext but all Audio outputs work except HDMI Audio.

Is there anything else i could try?

PS: I would like to thank you very much RehabMan for pointing me the right direction and making me learn new stuff ;)

HDMI audio guide is linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Motherboard
Asus Notebook Y583LD(Clover EFI)
CPU
i3-4030U/HM86
Graphics
HD4400,1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[FIX] Intel HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite
HD4400 uses Azul/HD5000. Blame Intel for the poor naming.
Hi RehabMan: HD4400 Mobile FakeID = 0x04128608 ig - platform-id = 0x0a260006 VRAM recognition 1536MB, using ig - platform-id = 0x0a160000 VRAM = 1024MB, I tried 0x0a16000C VRAM = 1536MB, which id was the correct choice? When clover is booted, the display will appear 2-3 times slightly flickering how to fix it

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi RehabMan: HD4400 Mobile FakeID = 0x04128608 ig - platform-id = 0x0a260006 VRAM recognition 1536MB, using ig - platform-id = 0x0a160000 VRAM = 1024MB, I tried 0x0a16000C VRAM = 1536MB, which id was the correct choice? When clover is booted, the display will appear 2-3 times slightly flickering how to fix it

Usually 0xa260006 is the best choice.
If you have an issue, you must describe it in detail and provide "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,
I'm totally new to hackintosh world and succeeded to get a kinda working hackintosh build thanks to your guides and other guide's website.
I tried my best to making things works but I'm totally lost for the IGP part.
My main problem is I don't think I'm using my IGP from my tablet PC. Launchpad is very slow, launching youtube is laggy and photoshop doesn't recognize my IGP.
I haven't touched yet the DSDT/SSDT. I only changed the config.plist & kexts.

My build is :
Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 - macOS Sierra
Processor : I3-4005u
Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4400 (mobile)

I uploaded a zip with all you asked in the FAQ.
(I removed what I could. for example : CLOVER/kext/ directory is removed because if was empty. )

I'd be glad if you could help me to fix it :)

Attachments

• problem repport.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 118
Last edited by a moderator:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I'm totally new to hackintosh world and succeeded to get a kinda working hackintosh build thanks to your guides and other guide's website.
I tried my best to making things works but I'm totally lost for the IGP part.
My main problem is I don't think I'm using my IGP from my tablet PC. Launchpad is very slow, launching youtube is laggy and photoshop doesn't recognize my IGP.
I haven't touched yet the DSDT/SSDT. I only changed the config.plist & kexts.

My build is :
Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 - macOS Sierra
Processor : I3-4005u
Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 4400 (mobile)

I uploaded a zip with all you asked in the FAQ.
(I removed what I could. for example : CLOVER/kext/ directory is removed because if was empty. )

I'd be glad if you could help me to fix it :)

Remove IntelBacklight.kext.
It does not work on 10.12.4+ and you did not implement the required ACPI patches anyway.
For brightness on 10.12.4, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
You're really a hackintosh god !
Just removing the IntelBacklight.kext solved my problem :mrgreen:
I'm now going to check how to add backlight and how to patch my SSDT !

Thanks a lot RehabMan :thumbup: