Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I tried a whole bunch of new stuff... no progress. Still getting gIOScreenLockState 3, hs0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
updated SMBIOS to imac15.1
used latest clover version 4441
went through the whole process again...
This time SIP didn't balk at the installation, so I was hopeful - but alas, nothing...

by the way, installing 387.10.10.10.25.156 on build 10.13.3 17D47

Last edited:
BUT THIS ONE DID
[SOLVED] for gIOSreenlockstate 3

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/7stqaa/help_nvidia_drive_issue_gaz170xpsli_i76700/

Basically it's just a real nice EFI folder...
I just had a few tweaks to do...
Changed to iMac 15.1 SMBIOS
and installed the nvidia drivers with this:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)

God damn that was a pain in the ass.

I have the same issue installed osx 10.13.3 (smbios18.3)without gpu then i booted sucsesfully with evhrything working installed webdrivers and bootflags. Stuck my 1070 in myc and now i am stuck at screenlockstate. Ga-z270 ultra gaming 7700k 32gb ramm GTX1070

I've not had too many issues with the web drivers and with both gtx680 and Quadro K5000 I am able to get to desktop no problems, but I would really like to take advantage of the K5000's 10bit output via Display port. (Swapping out the 680).

I find that on both cards, when booting via Display port it will work up to the point where it should go to the desktop but instead the monitor goes to sleep.
If I remove and insert the display port cable, it will start working.

System will boot fine with DVD-D but as I understand this won't do 10bit properly or it's packed bits or unsupported etc etc.
So I can can boot with DVI-D and then switch the monitor over to display port but that will get annoying very quick and I'd prefer to try and fix the issue.

I'm using sys definition MacPro 5,1 (which seems to work best for my Dell X58 / LGA1366 setup.
Web driver: 387.10.10.10.25.156 Cuda: 387.128

Boot flags currently used are: ncpi=0x2000, dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1, rootless=0
Did previously have nvda_drv=1 but removed it as it didn't seem to change or do anything.

The process in the original post didn't work for me. I couldn't boot the High Sierra installer at all with a GT610 or GT730. Both got stuck. With a GTX 750 (IIRC) it would install but then NVIDIA Web drivers always led to a black screen, even if I followed the above instructions. After days of failing I installed Sierra instead, which went flawlessly. On one machine I upgraded to High Sierra with no issues apart from the known poor graphics performance of the new NVIDIA driver. On another machine I have left Sierra installed for now.

Does anyone else have to boot 2 or 3 times to get past the "black screen." Seems like every time I turn the computer on or restart from windows I get the black screen followed by the monitor turning on and off. Turning the computer off and on gets the Nvidia web drivers to load fine. Maybe because I have two video cards and monitors? *shrugs*

iMac 17,1
Sleep works
USB Ports Mapped
Nvidia Driver: *106 patched

*drivers64UEFI*
apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

*Installed Kexts (Library/Extensions)*
AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

Does anyone else have to boot 2 or 3 times to get past the "black screen." Seems like every time I turn the computer on or restart from windows I get the black screen followed by the monitor turning on and off. Turning the computer off and on gets the Nvidia web drivers to load fine. Maybe because I have two video cards and monitors? *shrugs*

iMac 17,1
Sleep works
USB Ports Mapped
Nvidia Driver: *106 patched

*drivers64UEFI*
apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

*Installed Kexts (Library/Extensions)*
AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
Found this post which explains it–switching from iMac 17,2 to 14,2 seems to have fixed the problem, but I had to use 17,2 to generate an SSDT for my processor.

Found this post which explains it–switching from iMac 17,2 to 14,2 seems to have fixed the problem, but I had to use 17,2 to generate an SSDT for my processor.
That black screen is a different problem with a different cause - patched or injected properties for AGPM/AGDC is the solution and there are several ways to accomplish this. NvidiaGraphicsFixup includes most of them. But yes using 14,2 sysdef will solve it too, as long as everything else still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back