Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1 post there was something like remove FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext etc. I brought it back but still can't run system with nvidia card, although I did everything you said. Just black screen. I can't get to the one with Z77-DS3H even through integrated card after upgraded to 10.13.2 just apple logo and progress bar which stopped near the end so I can't remove NVDAStartupWeb.kext. The Z68ap-d3 right now works on intel hd card I removed all nvidia drivers and I am afraid to do something not to make it unbootable like the other one. What to do?

In 1 post there was something like remove FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext etc. I brought it back but still can't run system with nvidia card, although I did everything you said. Just black screen. I can't get to the one with Z77-DS3H even through integrated card after upgraded to 10.13.2 just apple logo and progress bar which stopped near the end so I can't remove NVDAStartupWeb.kext. The Z68ap-d3 right now works on intel hd card I removed all nvidia drivers and I am afraid to do something not to make it unbootable like the other one. What to do?

FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext is GPU Sensors plugin for FakeSMC.kext!!

Is there something I can do to make my 2 nvidia cards usable. Because right now I hads to disconnect them.

The problem is with NVDAStartupWeb.kext it just doesn't load nvidia drivers it hags the whole system. I did everything 1 post describes put lilu.kext and nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other but it didn't help. It doesn't work with GTX 560 Ti. Maybe I should install NVDAStartupWeb.kext from mac os x 10.12.6 nvidia drivers, but can't get it anywhere. Maybe sombody could allow me to download this so I could replace the one that come with new version of nvidia drivers for mac os 10.13.2

Does it sound reasonable?

The last time I did this I was able to go back into the Terminal, remove the NVDA and GeForce kexts and get back in. Recently I redid a new flash drive with UniBeast, loaded the new OS 10.13.2, and after attempting to load graphics with MultiBeast first (including the NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Lilu kexts) I got a black screen. But now when I try to get back in after removing the NVDA and GeForce kexts it simply reboots while in verbose mode. It goes through very quickly as well, but I captured video of it and see the last lines it shows are:

|IOACPI!F. 1.4
@kec.phread. 1
@kec.Libm. 1
@kec.corecrypto. 1.0
Attempting system restart....

I can reboot to my old OS X drive with Sierra on it that has my Clover playlist (iMac17,1 SMBIOS, etc) but I don't know why even getting back after removing kexts is now I possible. I don't want to have to reinstall and take 30 minutes every time I fail to get graphics up and running. I am using a DisplayPort cable, but even with a DVI I am getting the same issues.

For first you have to get your hack to boot fine without NVIDIA Web drivers. Make sure that everything works fine before going to install NVIDIA Web Drivers. Otherwise you have several issues at the same time and it will be complicated to figure out what is wrong.

Make also sure that you have valid Clover settings too!

For first you have to get your hack to boot fine without NVIDIA Web drivers. Make sure that everything works fine before going to install NVIDIA Web Drivers. Otherwise you have several issues at the same time and it will be complicated to figure out what is wrong.

Make also sure that you have valid Clover settings too!

Thank you! Initially i installed the original High Sierra using Unibeast but without MultiBeast. This time I tried it with MultiBeast but didnt make any edits in Clover. I'll start over with a new install and try again.

SUCCESS for me. What I did was manually install the latest Clover using the following parameters:

Install for UEFI Booting Only
Install Clover in the ESP
Drivers64UEFI
---EmuVariableUefi-64
---OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
Install Scripts on Target volume

From there I had downloaded and opened up Clover Configurator, deleted the existing config.plist, generated a new one and entered that. It automatically set itself to the proper SMBIOS of iMac17,1. using the SIP tip I clicked on the RtVariables in the left pane and changed the CsrActiveConfig from 0x0067 to 0x00 and saved it. However I did not reboot and instead loaded up my Nvidia Drivers 378.10.10.10.25.102 and rebooted. As I typically do I walked away and came back, cautiously optimistic that I was not going to see the Clover boot screen, and lo and behold the High Sierra desktop appeared! All this without Multibeast.

I'm noticing a lot of the code from the config.plist has comments as noted by the pound sign (#) by the tag. Can all of these be safely omitted or is it critical as something like MultiBeast may alter the code and specifically look for those comment tags and change them when required?

Last edited:
After several days of attempts here, I finally got it to work! The last straw was trying, as someone else already suggested in the thread, ENABLING CSM IN MY BIOS!

I'll run for a few more days and then do a full write-up on my setup and steps taken, but this are the steps I took, in order:

- Had initially installed 10.13.1;
- Had everything working there until the Supplemental Update installed itself without my consent. After that, black screen;
- Tried updating to 10.13.2, setup constantly failed;
- Re-downloaded the High Sierra setup on my other Mac (had to remove the file and request a download again);
- Re-built the pendrive with Unibeast 8.1 and the new, updated High Sierra setup;
- Did the installation procedure with that pendrive, "over" my previous 10.13.1 installation;
- Success, 10.13.2 (17C88) was installed with no hassle, but the black screen issue persisted;
- Booted without the NvidiaWeb flag, the web drivers automatically offered to update to the latest compatible version;
- After installation, still black screen;
- Tried literally every fix in this thread: cleared my nvram.plist on EFI, updated Lilu and the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts, had them both on /Library/Extensions, /System/Library/Extensions and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, patched the Apple graphics kext using AGPDFix (1.3), played a bunch with system definitions;
- Settled with iMac17,1 (installed via MultiBeast), still wasn't working
- Decided last-ditch effort to enable CSM (UEFI Only) on my motherboard; once rebooted, the BIOS/bootloader display moved from my primary HDMI video to my secondary DVI video, then worked!
- Success!

My setup:
- ASUS ROG STRIX B250F Gaming (it was hell to get audio working here!)
- i7-7700K
- EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
- 16GB DDR4 2400mhz
- Samsung EVO 960 250GB NVME M.2 (the only reason I didn't give up and went back to Sierra early on)

I've attached my EFI folder, and here are the files in my /L/E folder: http://prntscr.com/hm7ltr

Wish you all the best of luck :)

Attachments

• EFI_working_Dec11.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 205
Hi,
I have mobos Z77-DS3H and Z68AP-D3 both with i7 3770 and Nvidi GTX 560 TI. And after upgrade from mac os sierra to high sierra via app store I got this IOConsolerUsers:gIOS Screen LockState.... I tried different flags. Tried this thing with Lilu.Kext (1.2.1) and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.Kext. NOTHING. Apple logo with progress bar disappear in half a way and it starts this endless loop. I can boot only using integrated cards but this is unacceptable

Please help. I'm very tired but can't go to sleep until I put those computers back to functioning.

Best
TK
Have you found any solution?
I'm stuck in Sierra. Not updating to High Sierra because of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back