Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I've attempted just about everything listed in this thread--really went down the rabbithole trying to get the web drivers to work. Let me know if it would help and I'll detail everything I tried.

I can only access this drive via bootable usb--it gives me the Apple logo without a loading bar during startup normally AND in recovery mode. Graphics listed as "Display 7 MB"

Also, I do have a free CCC backup of my trusty Sierra install but it's not bootable. This is confusing.

See my config and verbose error screenshot attached. What should I do next?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_9147.JPG
    IMG_9147.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_9847.JPG
    IMG_9847.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 365
Last edited:
What should I do next?
Try with this attached config.plist and report progress :

Note that you will need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6 - Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 551
Tried this and after rebooting my machine hung at the apple logo with the full white line. Verbose mode indicated a "gIOScreenLockState 3" Error (similar to what is described here). This happens after the Web drivers have been installed. All reboots prior to this went fine. Also tried to disable xHCI Hand-off and Intel Processor Graphics as suggested in the mentioned thread, did not work.

20171129_224406[1].jpg 20171129_223851[1].jpg

I need to mention though that I've installed release 17b48 which requires the 378.10.10.10.20.107 web driver. (In case this is some beta version I am not supposed to ask for support please let me know, I'm new to this...)

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I've installed the gtx 970 Nvidia driver without touching sip in clover config. I installed 10.13.1 using multibeast and I installed the nvidia boot flag. Now I can log onto my Hackintosh via screen sharing on my MBP and I can see my graphics card installed, drivers activated, 4gb ram. When I put the Lilu.Kext (1.2.1) and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.Kext (1.2.0) in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Then when I restart the computer after it boots the screen is black and I can't even log in via screen sharing. So I went back and deleted both Kexts from the other folder and then the computer boots up to black screen but I can log in via screen sharing.

Did a clean install, got the Nvidia drivers working, then at the black screen I did screen sharing via my MacBook pro, then installed AppleScript app. Then did a restart and is the same issue as mentioned above.

Can anyone help me?

KEXTS INSTALLED

KEXTS NOT INSTALLED

Hi iLikeHacintosh,
I just can reach the installation of High Sierra when i removed nvdia graphic card. Then i updated to 13.1 and NVIDIA Web drivers ....10.20. I tried with your post advice steps but never pass from this screen on verbose mode (in attach) with this line 'IOConsolerUsers:gIOS Screen LockState....' . I just can load the OS with nv_disable=1 -x and HD4600 selected on clover options bootloader. What can be done?

Attachments

• IMG_1428.JPG
    IMG_1428.JPG
    893.3 KB · Views: 284
hi, After set CsrActiveConfig to 0x00 i have save and reboot but after that it don't go on desktop. it arrive at 50% charge and pc automatically reboot what can i do for fix it?

thanks for the help
Boot on verbose mode to trace what happens!

Hi,
I have mobos Z77-DS3H and Z68AP-D3 both with i7 3770 and Nvidi GTX 560 TI. And after upgrade from mac os sierra to high sierra via app store I got this IOConsolerUsers:gIOS Screen LockState.... I tried different flags. Tried this thing with Lilu.Kext (1.2.1) and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.Kext. NOTHING. Apple logo with progress bar disappear in half a way and it starts this endless loop. I can boot only using integrated cards but this is unacceptable

Please help. I'm very tired but can't go to sleep until I put those computers back to functioning.

Best
TK

HI It's me again.

Unfortunatelly this method from 1 post doesn't work for me. Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kest don't work although I put them in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and remove FakeSMC.kext I also Enabled SIP befor installation nvidia web drivers. I upgraded to 10.13.2 but it's even worse the one with Z77 mobo don't even boot although NVDAStarupWeb.kext was removed before after removing this kext system was bootable. What to do, am I the only one that this solution doesn't work,

PLEASE HELP

HI It's me again.

Unfortunatelly this method from 1 post doesn't work for me. Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kest don't work although I put them in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and remove FakeSMC.kext I also Enabled SIP befor installation nvidia web drivers. I upgraded to 10.13.2 but it's even worse the one with Z77 mobo don't even boot although NVDAStarupWeb.kext was removed before after removing this kext system was bootable. What to do, am I the only one that this solution doesn't work,

PLEASE HELP

Why do you remove FakeSMC.kext? There is no way to boot hack withou FakeSMC.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back