Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i just update normally or i have to do it all over again like the initial post says?? Sorry for the dumb question. Also did you update to 10.13.1?

I just installed 10.13.1 and 378.10.10.10.15.121 shows as not compatible, so upgraded to Nvidia Web Driver 378.10.10.10.20.107 from system preferences and everything works fine.

so i updated the drivers it boots fine but when i go to the nvidia panel it keeps using the default osx drivers.. if i change the setting and reboot it keeps using the default.. anyone??

so i updated the drivers it boots fine but when i go to the nvidia panel it keeps using the default osx drivers.. if i change the setting and reboot it keeps using the default.. anyone??

Please read NVIDIA web driver installation instructions! You need proper clover configuration with nvram emulator!

Have experienced similar behaviour in the past, if i opened the entry menu, and even without changing anything, chose to 'boot with selected options', macOS then fails to boot.

Reduced the configuration file to what should be enough to boot normally if you paste the serials, not sure if this will help or not as you already said you had to add in extra options.

Awesome, much appreciated - thank you, and sorry for the delay.
I looked at your changes and started from a blank slate - now it works perfectly fine.

I'd expect the checkbox in System Parameters -> "NvidiaWeb" to be most crucial for it to work now; maybe the DMAR Drop Table, though I have no clue what that does ;-)

DMAR Drop Table
Stops DART from happening like 'dart=0', same effect as disabling VT-d in firmware settings. I think DART refers to the table and DMAR is the process.

Last edited:
What commands should one issue then to remove just the offending Nvidia Web Drivers?
cd /Volumes/HDD/System/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* rm -R GeF*Web*
touch /Volumes/HDD/System/Library/Extensions/
cd /Volumes/HDD/Library/Extensions/
rm -R GeF*.* NVDA*.*
touch /Volumes/HDD/Library/Extensions/
reboot

Just a quick note of thanks. The advice here helped me to solve my issue.
Was a mixture of not having the latest NvidiaGraphics Fix and Lilo kexts as well as EmuVariableUefi in /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI

Hope I'm not jinxing myself by writing this.

Namaste!

Please read NVIDIA web driver installation instructions! You need proper clover configuration with nvram emulator!
actually i was able to fix it with the nvidia web clover and nv_drivers=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back