Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revert bios to previous working version, add this ssdt to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Flash new bios again.
Thank you very much. It helped me right away (SSDT-SET-STAS), a simple replacement in config.plist did not help. I did not even boot the bootloader from the flash drive.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.4
i5-9600k
Asus Z390-A Prime BIOS 1105
ddr4- predator 2x8gb 3200mhz
XFX RX-480-8gb
HDD Samsung 160gb

Thank you very much. It helped me right away (SSDT-SET-STAS), a simple replacement in config.plist did not help. I did not even boot the bootloader from the flash drive.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.4
i5-9600k
Asus Z390-A Prime BIOS 1105
ddr4- predator 2x8gb 3200mhz
XFX RX-480-8gb
HDD Samsung 160gb

A simple replacement worked for all, clearly you did something wrong. This works in UEFI boot, not legacy.

A simple replacement worked for all, clearly you did something wrong. This works in UEFI boot, not legacy.
Do not deny. I had to edit the flash drive (section EFI) edit through linux. After that, the installer started MacOS. Further through the terminal, change from a flash drive to a HDD system.

iMac 19.1
Is your CPU Power Management fine with 19.1? How many p-states you get with AppleIntelInfo.kext? I have the Problem That i get only 7 p-states with iMac 19.x definition. With 18.x i See all p-states with AppleIntelInfo.kext

Is your CPU Power Management fine with 19.1? How many p-states you get with AppleIntelInfo.kext? I have the Problem That i get only 7 p-states with iMac 19.x definition. With 18.x i See all p-states with AppleIntelInfo.kext

You should use SMBios mac mini 2018, has an i3 coffee lake. I get all the states, the cpu idles at 1.3 Ghz not at 0.8 Ghz.

I already tried Mac mini. iMac19,2 has also an i3-8100 Coffee Lake. I only get 7 P-States in AppleIntelInfo.kext
Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-23 um 23.26.41.png

I've been looking for a fix for this for a long time, I can confirm it also works on my MSI MPG Z390M Gaming Edge AC running macOS 10.15 Beta on the latest BIOS version. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back