Intel HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings,

I recently tried to install Yosemite onto the following build using the generic installation guide:
Gigabyte H97N ITX
Pentium g3420
8gb G skill 1600
Samsung 830 128gb
No Video card

I was able to create an installation drive using a friends Macbook Pro, and I dragged the multibeast folder onto the same drive. Beyond that, no additional files were added.

The USB was installed into one of the 2 USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard, the keyboard was in the other. I installed the mouse in a USB 3.0 port.

When I booted the computer the chameleon loader popped up, offering me a choice of Yosemite, or the old windows partitions on that SSD. After choosing Yosemite, and apple screen popped up with a progress bar. The progress bar filled to ~45 / 50% within 10 minutes and completely stopped there for over 3 hours. I tried the install once again to the same result.

The motherboard is listed in the buyer's guide under the CustoMac Mini section, and I was surprised to encounter any errors. I have spent some time on the forums browsing for a guide or solutions, but I have been unable to find any existing threads.

Is anyone willing to offer any suggestions for my problem and advice for moving forward?

Thank you

Greetings,

I recently tried to install Yosemite onto the following build using the generic installation guide:
Gigabyte H97N ITX
Pentium g3420
8gb G skill 1600
Samsung 830 128gb
No Video card

I was able to create an installation drive using a friends Macbook Pro, and I dragged the multibeast folder onto the same drive. Beyond that, no additional files were added.

The USB was installed into one of the 2 USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard, the keyboard was in the other. I installed the mouse in a USB 3.0 port.

When I booted the computer the chameleon loader popped up, offering me a choice of Yosemite, or the old windows partitions on that SSD. After choosing Yosemite, and apple screen popped up with a progress bar. The progress bar filled to ~45 / 50% within 10 minutes and completely stopped there for over 3 hours. I tried the install once again to the same result.

The motherboard is listed in the buyer's guide under the CustoMac Mini section, and I was surprised to encounter any errors. I have spent some time on the forums browsing for a guide or solutions, but I have been unable to find any existing threads.

Is anyone willing to offer any suggestions for my problem and advice for moving forward?

Thank you

Have you checked the processor compatibility with Yosemite??

Pentium/Celeron processors are not natively supported on Yosemite/Mavericks. You may required one of the core (Core I/Dual Core/Quad Core,etc) processor.

However it may possible to install with clover and FakeCPIUD injection (I had not yet tried).

Read here for more info : http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#FakeCPUID

Thank you very much for the response sir.
Everything I have been reading mentions the g3220 not being compatible; I saw one forum claiming success with the fix you have mentioned.

As of this morning, I have just ordered a 4790 CPU and GTX 750 Ti GPU. I think I will install those before I try again next.

One moderator mentioned booting with "-v", I dont understand what this means as a first timer.

Could you explain how I project the text onto the apple screen that certain members submit pictures of to provide everyone with more information.

I will update this thread regularly, but I wont try an install again until my new hardware arrive.
Thanks!

As of this morning, I have just ordered a 4790 CPU and GTX 750 Ti GPU. I think I will install those before I try again next.

Good Choice. By the way GTX 760 have native support on Yosemite, but GTX 750 Requires web driver.

One moderator mentioned booting with "-v", I dont understand what this means as a first timer.

-v is one of the boot flag which is using to see the booting progress on the screen. It is using for verbose mode booting, means instead of the grey Apple Logo on a white screen, it will show the details of booting in text mode. It is required for troubleshooting the installation/booting problems

Could you explain how I project the text onto the apple screen that certain members submit pictures of to provide everyone with more information.

If you are using Unibeast USB, then on the Chimera boot loader screen you can simply type "-v" (without quotes) so that it will show the details of booting on screen. If the booting stuck somewhere you can capture a photo of the frozen screen. That will help us to identify the issues.

I will update this thread regularly, but I wont try an install again until my new hardware arrive.

If you are facing issues while installation you can comeback here.

Good Luck...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back