Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I have the following: Intel NUC5i3MYHE Core i3-5010U and this will be my first attempt at a Hackintosh. I know this particular NUC has been done before, and I have High Sierra downloaded on my Mac Mini, but I was wondering if someone could give a newbie advice on which OS to try on this NUC (Will High Sierra work OK?), and where I might find the best guide for it. I have a lot of experience with Linux in general, and used to do Tier I support for Apple in another lifetime, so I'm new but not totally green to this (at least I hope). Also, if it's too late to download, say, El Capitan, what are my options? I'm especially interested/motivated by having another Mac with Garageband, BTW. :D

Thanks!

Hello. I have the following: Intel NUC5i3MYHE Core i3-5010U and this will be my first attempt at a Hackintosh. I know this particular NUC has been done before, and I have High Sierra downloaded on my Mac Mini, but I was wondering if someone could give a newbie advice on which OS to try on this NUC (Will High Sierra work OK?), and where I might find the best guide for it. I have a lot of experience with Linux in general, and used to do Tier I support for Apple in another lifetime, so I'm new but not totally green to this (at least I hope). Also, if it's too late to download, say, El Capitan, what are my options? I'm especially interested/motivated by having another Mac with Garageband, BTW. :D

Thanks!

Hi there.

One of the leading experts did a NUC build based on yours (i5 instead of i3 but includes details for both). Check it out if you haven't already. :thumbup:

:)

Thanks! That's quite a read, and a cursory look reveals quite a time commitment, as well. I spend a lot of time in a terminals, so I don't mind that, but that's a lot of variables; I'll have to read it a few times to wrap my head around it while I'm waiting on some drives. So, it looks like no one has done it with UniBeast and MultiBeast. Thanks, again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back