Contribute
Register

First Powermac G5 (Late 2005) Project - Design According to Ive

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, makes sense with the two new fans..and yes diagramm would be nice..also your conversion of the connector..
´´I connected the speaker to the motherboard using an adapter cable to convert the PC 4 pin connector to the 2 pin connector of the apple speaker.´´

many thanks..
The following thread shows how to wire fans with 3 pins into parallel. The speaker conversion is as simple as wiring the two speaker wires into a connector, that suits the motherboard. Typically this is a four pin connector where the first and last pins are used. You MB manual should explain this.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...-per-channel&p=4439787&viewfull=1#post4439787

I love this build Kiwi. This will be the flagship inspiration for my build, mainly because of the "mid frame".

I definitely want to keep mine somehow and use the stock fan frames. I may call on your help.

I love this build Kiwi. This will be the flagship inspiration for my build, mainly because of the "mid frame".

I definitely want to keep mine somehow and use the stock fan frames. I may call on your help.
Glad you like my build, it did take a little more work but I think the results were worth it. Of course I don't mind any questions. Kiwi

I started my hackintosh! :D

I'm just having trouble with the blue component on the plug. The ones of my PSU don't have long "legs" to get them on the original mac plug. How did you manage to do that?

There are two possibilities, short solid core wire wrapped around the legs of the component to give it longer legs, OR alternately it may be possible to leave the original components on the G5 power socket, theory being the components perform the same function. Some photos might help, clear things up.

I'm either case it would be good if you could create your own build thread, and could answer your questions there, then could see the progress of your build as well.

Thanks for answering
I'll start a thread after the PSU issue no problem :) (but i'm about to do 80% of the exact same thing you did, so not really interresting having a clone?)

Here's some pictures of the component on the Corsair PSU CX750M
IMG_20131006_165912.jpgIMG_20131006_165810.jpgIMG_20131006_170024.jpg

Thanks for answering
I'll start a thread after the PSU issue no problem :) (but i'm about to do 80% of the exact same thing you did, so not really interresting having a clone?)

Here's some pictures of the component on the Corsair PSU CX750M
Those are capacitors to reduce high frequency line noise. Here is a link to them, but you should be able to get them from any local electronics store. This would be preferable than trying to extend the legs as I previously suggested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100x-Cerami...713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c3d9bdd1

I dont have pictures of the original Apple components soldered to the G5 Socket to comment if they are the same or not.

kiwi,

do you have any advice for removing a PSU from its original housing for use in a mod? I am quite happy soldering a few cables, but I wanted to know if there are any specifics to avoid to prevent danger/breaking the PSU. Should it be raised on standoffs? Should any parts not be touching each other/the case? Should it be on top of an insulator or deliberately on top of metal?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back