Contribute
Register

First Powermac G5 (Late 2005) Project - Design According to Ive

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SUP]​thanks for all the good info on psu modding.[/SUP]

Hi kiwisincebirth,

For your problem regarding the bent of the foot of your G5 case, I provide you a YouTube link with a guy who got the same issue:
http://youtu.be/9G6cG2_10Pg?t=25s

Have fun and take care.

Nikostudio

wow i like this mod its remarkable :thumbup:

Hello kiwisincebirth:

I just wanna say Thank you so much I follow manny post especially #17 and #30 (i check all other posts) I made this for my MB asus p67 sabertooth, and is work perfectly.

I will improve a HDD case like you made in your photos.

U rule man :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :headbang::headbang::headbang: :clap::clap::clap:

Motherboard TrayI only had three motherboard standoffs available to use
Install the MotherboardView attachment 38302
Hi there! Great build, I'm planning on following your methods for a lot of what I'm doing.A question: Did you find that any of the existing standoffs were in the right place for the mATX board? I don't have a board in hand at the moment, but I'm very hopeful about the one standoff near the lowermost expansion slot. If I don't have to move that one it makes all the measuring and planning much easier.

Hi there! Great build, I'm planning on following your methods for a lot of what I'm doing.A question: Did you find that any of the existing standoffs were in the right place for the mATX board? I don't have a board in hand at the moment, but I'm very hopeful about the one standoff near the lowermost expansion slot. If I don't have to move that one it makes all the measuring and planning much easier.

I don't think that there are any that would line up and still give you proper alignment with the motherboard slots and the backplane. Here's a picture of where I glued my seven standoffs to give you an idea of where the originals were as well as the proper placement of the new ones for my mATX board.

47286d1410998947t-421-simple-powerhac-g5-20130208_102353.jpg

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, thanks. I did a lot of fiddly measuring today, but I'm leaning hard toward sucking it up and buying the motherboard tray from the Laser Hive—I want this to be a really good build, enough to last more than one generation of chipsets/mobos.

At the front the mid frame is primarily mounted to four apple standoffs under the optical drive bay (kept specifically) two of them screw directly to the mid frame. The other two screw into a plastic frame that acts as the PCI support for full length cards. This is attached to the mid frame, so acts as part of its support.

Just what I was missing. That little plastic frame. Everything was so floppy on mine until this reminded me that I had left that out. :headbang: Thanks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back