Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm planning on building my first hackintosh for gaming/work later this fall, and I really fell in love with jfdutrisac's High End Hackintosh Build. Here's my attempt at a similar build:

T4AO1x5m.png

Relevant Components:

CPU
i7 4770k (Newegg)​
• I will be overclocking this as well since that seems to work well for most people, so this will also be using the Corsair H100i (Newegg).

Motherboard
Asus GRYPHON Z87 (Newegg)
​• I'm Choosing this over the ASUS Maximus Gene VI mostly due to the look - I prefer the muted blacks over the red/black. Should this work? Has anyone successfully used this Mobo in a build? How about the Z97 version of the gryphon? From what I gather the Z97 is not yet supported on macs, is that still the case?

GPU
PNY GeForce GTX 780 3GB (Newegg)
• Initially I'll only get one of these, but eventually I plan on getting two in SLI. Should this basically just work?

Memory
Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1866 MHz (Newegg)
• Again, going for a simple dark look. Based on the buyer's guide this should work no problem, right?

Otherwise the rest of the build should be pretty bog standard: a decent 850W power supply, some SSDs, HDDs, some fans, some nice screens, etc. and I will also be using the Corsair 350D case.

Given the parts listed above, should this work pretty well for a Mac 10.9/Win 8.1 Dual boot Hackintosh? I'm guessing the main deciding factor is the motherboard.

I'm planning on building my first hackintosh for gaming/work later this fall, and I really fell in love with jfdutrisac's High End Hackintosh Build. Here's my attempt at a similar build:

T4AO1x5m.png

Relevant Components:

CPU
i7 4770k (Newegg)​
• I will be overclocking this as well since that seems to work well for most people, so this will also be using the Corsair H100i (Newegg).

Motherboard
Asus GRYPHON Z87 (Newegg)
​• I'm Choosing this over the ASUS Maximus Gene VI mostly due to the look - I prefer the muted blacks over the red/black. Should this work? Has anyone successfully used this Mobo in a build? How about the Z97 version of the gryphon? From what I gather the Z97 is not yet supported on macs, is that still the case?

GPU
PNY GeForce GTX 780 3GB (Newegg)
• Initially I'll only get one of these, but eventually I plan on getting two in SLI. Should this basically just work?

Memory
Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1866 MHz (Newegg)
• Again, going for a simple dark look. Based on the buyer's guide this should work no problem, right?

Otherwise the rest of the build should be pretty bog standard: a decent 850W power supply, some SSDs, HDDs, some fans, some nice screens, etc. and I will also be using the Corsair 350D case.

Given the parts listed above, should this work pretty well for a Mac 10.9/Win 8.1 Dual boot Hackintosh? I'm guessing the main deciding factor is the motherboard.

This board works fine for OSX and the 780 should too.

Do your research before adding a second 780 though.

You can boot the board using Clover or Chimera; in the case of Chimera you need to install to the EFI partition using this guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back