Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh! Can someone verify these parts are compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
iMac
CPU
i7
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Pretty sure these are all compatible but I'd like to get a second opinion before I order em up. Thanks for the help!

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
CMPSU-750TXV2

Sony Optiarc 18X SATA DVD-ROM Drives
DDU1681S-0B

Syba Low Profile PCI-Express 1394b/1394a (2B1A) Card, TI Chipset, Extra Regular Bracket
SD-PEX30009

SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive
SDSSDX-240G-G25

EVGA GeForce GT 640 2048MB GDDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Cards
02G-P4-2643-KR

Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler System

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155
BX80637I73770K

Gigabyte Intel Z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard with BT4.0/Wi-Fi
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

Antec P280 Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Pretty sure these are all compatible but I'd like to get a second opinion before I order em up. Thanks for the help!

You seem set, but I would look around to make sure that Firewire card is compatible and unless you need thunderbolt, go with a Z77X-UD5H. Other than that, it seems fine

You seem set, but I would look around to make sure that Firewire card is compatible and unless you need thunderbolt, go with a Z77X-UD5H. Other than that, it seems fine

Awesome, thanks for checking it over! I think I'm gonna stick with the thunderbolt mobo just because I have an iMac and might want to pick up some thunderbolt HDDs once they become more affordable.

Hmmm, actually I guess I really don't need the thunderbolt. I'm going to go with your suggestion and get the GA-Z77X-UD5H.

I want to hook up 3 monitors for now. will I need to put a second GT 640 in there to make that possible?

Hmmm, actually I guess I really don't need the thunderbolt. I'm going to go with your suggestion and get the GA-Z77X-UD5H.

I want to hook up 3 monitors for now. will I need to put a second GT 640 in there to make that possible?

Well, maybe. If you have 3 ports on the 640 you're getting then sure, but the 640 is not really built for multi-monitor. You're better off with a 660 Ti, it's amazing fast and has multi-monitor support. Hopefully you have space in your budget for a 660 Ti, they're only $300-$340. If you'll be using Final Cut Pro X, then you may want to hold off and follow my thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/66611-660-ti-thread-questions-answers-here.html for when we can get that issue fixed. Overall, I would go with a 660 Ti or above because it supports multi-monitors off a single card (3+1 Aux) and you won't have to setup SLI.

Thanks so much for the info. I've been reading through the forums and it looks like getting 2xGT 640s working would be a huge hassle, if not impossible.

I've got a pretty flexible budget so I don't mind springing on a nicer card. I do web development, nothing too intense, but I do like having the extra monitor real estate (currently running 3x24" at the office).

Think I should go with the MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition?

Thanks so much for the info. I've been reading through the forums and it looks like getting 2xGT 640s working would be a huge hassle, if not impossible.

I've got a pretty flexible budget so I don't mind springing on a nicer card. I do web development, nothing too intense, but so I like having the extra monitor real-estate.

Think I should go with the MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition?

I swear you read my mind. Yes, definitely because the MSI card is the only card that can over volt, which means better overclocking (Don't worry, the 600 cards have automatic overclocking based on your cooling and how cool the GPU is) and personally I'm an MSI fanboy so by all means, buy away

Just bought all the parts! Everything should be here by the weekend. Thanks again for all the info!

Just bought all the parts! Everything should be here by the weekend. Thanks again for all the info!

Your welcome. Enjoy your new Hackintosh

Hey there,
I'm acutally at my first hackintosh project and everything runs great, until i recognized this:

I can use two screens plugged in in my GPU, but if i try to boot with two screens plugged in, the first screen (VGA) shows me the bios screen and then the chimera menu. after that it continues with the apple logo. But when the other screen (HDMI) starts up, the VGA screen looses signal and shuts down und the HDMI screen shows me a white screen...

But when I've succesfully started OS X with one screen (VGA) and try to plug in the second screen (HDMI) WHILE OS X is running my build recognizes both of them in the gpu and all works. But I don't want to go everytime on my knees I want to work on my hackintosh...
I'm pretty confused...
nvidia wegpage says that GT 640 has multi monitor support.
Right now I'm using my new Samsung Syncmaster 22' (VGA / HDMI Input). Should I try an DVI-D to HDMI Adapter and try the DVI Output of my GT 640 for dual monitoring(DVI / HDMI)?

GraphicsEnabler=No is set.
No other Bootflags are used.
BIOS are now set back to default (played too much in the last days with it).

I also read this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-gigabyte-ga-z77x-up5-th-thunderbolt-105.html and no success at all...

Any other ideas or patches, things I've forgotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back