Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX H370-I Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i5 8400
Graphics
?
Hi everyone.

This is my first build of a Hackintosh, reading the Buyer's Guide i decided to buy an ASUS ROG STRIX H370-I Gaming with an Intel Core i5-8400 as CPU, now my question is ... i want to use the Hackintosh to develop (as main purpose) iOS apps, nothing too "visual" (maybe some simple animations, fading effects, transitions, etc.), small video editing projects like, cut/merge scenes, add some background tracks (nothing professional), and i dont have any idea of what type of graphic card use, i'm looking for a cheap one on ebay but on the buyer's guide i found cards for gaming purpose mostly and considerably expensive (because i'm not from USA and i need to search for a seller with a genuine GPU brand and low shipping cost), i'll be very grateful if someone can share some advices of cheap graphic cards compatible with my build project (Motherboard/CPU), because i don't think to use a GPU above of 2GB for my purposes, or maybe i'm wrong.

Thanks in advance for your replies and your attention. And excuse my english level, it's not my natal language :(

Hi everyone.

This is my first build of a Hackintosh, reading the Buyer's Guide i decided to buy an ASUS ROG STRIX H370-I Gaming with an Intel Core i5-8400 as CPU, now my question is ... i want to use the Hackintosh to develop (as main purpose) iOS apps, nothing too "visual" (maybe some simple animations, fading effects, transitions, etc.), small video editing projects like, cut/merge scenes, add some background tracks (nothing professional), and i don't have any idea of what type of graphic card use, I'm looking for a cheap one on ebay but on the buyer's guide i found cards for gaming purpose mostly and considerably expensive (because I'm not from USA and i need to search for a seller with a genuine GPU brand and low shipping cost), i'll be very grateful if someone can share some advices of cheap graphic cards compatible with my build project (Motherboard/CPU), because i don't think to use a GPU above of 2GB for my purposes, or maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance for your replies and your attention. And excuse my english level, it's not my natural language. :(

Perhaps you can just use the CPU integrated graphics and then you don't need to get a separate graphics card.

Perhaps you can just use the CPU integrated graphics and then you don't need to get a separate graphics card.

Thanks for your reply.
I understand it, maybe i don't need a graphic card just for development, but in a future if i want to buy one (just in case), i search for these options, how can i know if they're compatible?

ASUS - GT1030-2G-CSM

Graphics Engine: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
Bus Standard: PCI Express 3.0
OpenGL: OpenGL®4.5
Video Memory: GDDR5 2GB

Engine Clock:
OC Mode - GPU Boost Clock : 1506 MHz , GPU Base Clock : 1266 MHz
Gaming Mode (Default) - GPU Boost Clock : 1468 MHz , GPU Base Clock : 1228 MHz

CUDA Core: 384

Memory Clock: 6008 MHz ( )
Memory Interface: 64-bit

Resolution: DVI Max Resolution : 1920x1200

Interface:
DVI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (DVI-D)
HDMI Output : Yes x 1 (Native)
HDCP Support : Yes

ASUS - PH-GT1030-O2G (Has Pascal architecture)

Graphics Engine: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030

Engine Clock:
OC Mode - GPU Boost Clock : 1531 MHz , GPU Base Clock : 1278 MHz
Gaming Mode (Default) - GPU Boost Clock : 1506 MHz , GPU Base Clock : 1252 MHz

CUDA Core: 384
Memory Clock: 6008 MHz ( )
Memory Interface: 64-bit
Resolution: DVI Max Resolution : 1920x1200

Interface:
HDMI Output : Yes x 1 (Native)

ASUS - DUAL-GTX1050-O2G (Has Pascal architecture)

Graphics Engine: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Engine Clock:
GPU Boost Clock : 1518 MHz
GPU Base Clock : 1404 MHz

CUDA Core: 640
Memory Clock: 7008 MHz ( DDR2 )
Memory Interface: 128-bit

Resolution: Digital Max Resolution:7680x4320

Interface:
HDMI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (HDMI 2.0)
Display Port : Yes x 1 (Native) (Regular DP)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply.

I understand it, maybe I don't need a graphic card just for development, but in a future if i want to buy one (just in case), i search for these options, how can i know if they're compatible?

If you want native compatibility in High Sierra and future versions and do not want to spend too much, I would suggest getting a RX 560. I got a Sapphire Pulse RX 560 some time before and it is natively supported in High Sierra 10.13.4 and above. No adjustments needed, no drivers necessary.

Thanks for your replies.

Searching a little bit on internet i found that the RX 560 would be a good purchase even if in some point i need to use windows for playing games it's a good graphic card for this environment. I'll buy one in a couple of months. So, i have one last question, even if the Graphic Card has the name AMD RX 560, it's compatible with intel processors (excuse me if it's a dumb question, but i know more about software than hardware topics :| )

Again, thanks for your attention and your replies :D

Thanks for your replies.

Searching a little bit on internet i found that the RX 560 would be a good purchase even if in some point i need to use windows for playing games it's a good graphic card for this environment. I'll buy one in a couple of months. So, I have one last question, even if the Graphic Card has the name AMD RX 560, it's compatible with intel processors (excuse me if it's a dumb question, but i know more about software than hardware topics :| ) ?

Again, thanks for your attention and your replies :D

Yes, of course. AMD graphics cards are compatible with Intel CPUs and motherboards as they all use a common PCIe expansion slot. I am using a AMD RX 580 on my Z270 motherboard and i7 7700K, and it works fine.

Great !
Thank you so much for your replies and your attention, now i have more information about my hardware compatibility :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back