Contribute
Register

First Build! GA-H61N-USB3 i3-2105 Mini Budget Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
...The only real issues i have to deal with now are:

1. Orange (external) drives, which i know there is a fix somewhere around here for that...
See page 5 in the MultiBeast Features document.

Cool, all fixed! All i did was run the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector from Multibeast 5.1.2 and that fixed it.

Also, i wanna report that i left the computer on with no applications running for a few hours, and when i came back and hit a key to bring it back from sleep or power save mode the screen looked like a hires version of white noise on a tv and it wouldnt go back to normal, i did a hard reboot with the power button pressed and it started back up normally, but i got a message i think before chimera loads saying
"header read size 200, incorrect image signature" but after booting the computer today and now after the blockstorageinjector thing nothing happened and it boots perfectly normal.

Anyhoot, the poking with a stick continues, i want to break it or be able to use it without worrying if it will boot the next time i restart it.

Well, after long hours of learning, tweaking, poking, pulling of what's left of my hair, and banging the wall with my head, she is all done, working like a champ and running smooth! I am writing this from the MacMini and i am very happy as how it works so far.

I've bought my self an apple keyboard and am in the process of ordering a magic trackpad and the asus bluetooth usb dongle, i read a few of the trackpad vs. magic mouse threads and as i have been a mouse user for ever i will just keep my regular optical 2 button + scroll wheel mouse and order the trackpad for gestures as i am very interested in taking advantage of ML's capabilities with it.

My only things to deal with right now are:

1. Poping audio problem, which from what ive read it has to do with system definition and analog audio connections, and since this board has optical out i will probably end up using that later on, but for now i dont really mind it. The issue seems to feel like if the audio isnt used for a certain period of time it will suddenly turn on to do what it needs to, so locking options, volume control, trashcan actions, etc., tend to come in suddenly with a pop right before they hit.

2. Eventually i want to use dual monitors or even dual monitors + tv, so i have to read a bit on which card i will need to have the 2 monitors for day to day use, and output hdmi to a tv that will include audio, so,

3. Enable HDMI audio, i read the thread related to it and i am still a little intimidated by it, so i will tackle it when the time is right. Maybe the powers that be on the forum will do an update on Multibeast that we can get it working without the need for hacking.

Id like to thank the owners of this forum for providing us mortals with the chance to have affordable yet powerful macs to play with.

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-25 at 10.45.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-25 at 10.45.33 PM.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG-20121026-01098.jpg
    IMG-20121026-01098.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 311
:lol: Even though I have a Trackpad, I use my Magic Mouse instead.

Dunno why, because I've had PowerBook Pro and MacBook Pro with a trackpad. (It's probably pyschlogical thing about sitting down to a desktop computer and expecting a mouse and a KB with a numeric pad.)

Yeah, i mean i understand that perfectly, i have used both laptops and desktops for many years, i have used a few macbooks but not for prolonged periods of time. I love the gestures, especially because it gives me that ipad feel, which i also own, but for regular every day use the mouse is still my favorite thing to interface with on the computer.

My magic track is on the way i will report on my opinion of the use of the pad.

UPDATE:

Hello all, just happy to report here on another uneventful week of testing and working with the Hackintosh mini i've built, it's been working perfectly, no hickups or problems, the only think i cant seem to get working properly yet, and its mostly because i havent tried to fix it are the sound pop issue which has a fix somewhere here on the forum, and sleep. I only let my monitor turn off, i dont let the HD turn off as the last time i tried it when it powered back up the screen went to that "white noise" state and i had to do a hard reboot to get back into it.

I am also running dual monitors now, using DVI output as the main connection and the HDMI for the 2nd, i found a 20" Dell monitor at a local store here that had DVI+HDMI at a stupidly decent price so i got it. I did try to run DVI and VGA at the same time but it crapped out on one of them, seems it tried going through the VGA but hung at the apple logo screen so i abandoned that combination. Everything works perfectly with the two 20" monitors im running they are both recognized by the HD3000 graphics and have their full resolution options available for them. I am currently using them both at 1600x900 but the Dell one can go as high as 1080p if i want to, although i dont really feel i need it at this time. Maybe for the next build i would up the ante with a proper video graphics card and internal blueray which i have had my mind on for a while, as i would also want to connect a big TV/monitor for watching blueray movies.

Anyway, i will report back on how this goes.

I am also running dual monitors now, using DVI output as the main connection and the HDMI for the 2nd.

Did you have to perform any tweaks to get your DVI port working under ML? From following your (very helpful and descriptive) posts, I gather you were always using your DVI before you went to HDMI + DVI.

It seems I only get output from DVI with GraphicsEnabler=No, and I only get HDMI output with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, frustrating.

Using MacMini smbios.plist, hardware otherwise working: sound, ethernet via Lnx2Mac via MultiBeast 5.1.3.

I did try to run the Lion MultiBeast (4.6.1), but it didn't seem to change anything, still had to use GraphicsEnabler=No to get DVI.

Extra frustrating because it was working in Lion before I upgraded, now testing fresh install of 10.8.2 on a blank HD to isolate the problem.

If it doesn't get sorted I'll just switch to an HDMI to DVI cable, but slightly annoying as the option of dual monitors is nice.

UPDATE:

I am also running dual monitors now, using DVI output as the main connection and the HDMI for the 2nd, i found a 20" Dell monitor at a local store here that had DVI+HDMI at a stupidly decent price so i got it. .

Hi! I have the same configuration as yours. But I have a lot of artifacts graphics.
How you solved the problem with the graphics? Can share a set of kexts and dsdt?

Sorry for my English.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 157
Hi! I have the same configuration as yours. But I have a lot of artifacts graphics.
How you solved the problem with the graphics? Can share a set of kexts and dsdt?

Sorry for my English.

I solve it through SMCpingDaemon. No artifacts!

Yeah, i mean i understand that perfectly, i have used both laptops and desktops for many years, i have used a few macbooks but not for prolonged periods of time. I love the gestures, especially because it gives me that ipad feel, which i also own, but for regular every day use the mouse is still my favorite thing to interface with on the computer.

My magic track is on the way i will report on my opinion of the use of the pad.

Well, my magic track pad came in, ive been using it as much as i can, but i would like to report that using the pad vs the mouse is still not what i expected, there are things i can still do faster with the mouse (2 buttons and a roller), and for some reason i still havent found the necessity to use it 100% of the time. So i still have to continue with it and get used it.

Anyway, its cool to be able to scroll, get to mission control, get into the gadgets page, switch desktops, etc., but most of that stuff can also be done with the keyboard and mouse, also accessing the notifications panel, etc., however, i will keep going to see what happens.

Just thought id update my thread. All in all, the hackintosh has become my main PC and it has been running flawlessly. Along with the trackpad i ordered the Targus bluetooth adapter suggested by the forum, no problems what so ever to get it running and working properly.

One thing i did have to leave deactivated and i have been reluctant to try and get working properly is sleep. Does anybody have any suggestions on what might be going on with my system? Here are the details, when i leave the machine on for extended periods of time, say a few hours or overnight without any activities when i come back and hit any key on the keyboard what pops up on the screen is the "white noise" like flickering image on the screen and on the times ive been messing with it the PC has image has not returned to normal and i've had to hard reset the ECU and even has gone as far as to kernel panic to the point of not letting me back into it without reformatting and reinstalling everything from scratch. The other thing i have been seeing, but not really complaining is the audio "pop" when sound has not been happening for a few mins then you do something to generate sound there's a "pop" right before sound starts.

Any comments on this?

Thanks for browsing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back