Contribute
Register

First Build! GA-H61N-USB3 i3-2105 Mini Budget Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have to perform any tweaks to get your DVI port working under ML? From following your (very helpful and descriptive) posts, I gather you were always using your DVI before you went to HDMI + DVI.

It seems I only get output from DVI with GraphicsEnabler=No, and I only get HDMI output with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, frustrating.

Using MacMini smbios.plist, hardware otherwise working: sound, ethernet via Lnx2Mac via MultiBeast 5.1.3.

I did try to run the Lion MultiBeast (4.6.1), but it didn't seem to change anything, still had to use GraphicsEnabler=No to get DVI.

Extra frustrating because it was working in Lion before I upgraded, now testing fresh install of 10.8.2 on a blank HD to isolate the problem.

If it doesn't get sorted I'll just switch to an HDMI to DVI cable, but slightly annoying as the option of dual monitors is nice.

Hey there eltoozero, i had missed these, to answer your questions on my particular setup i had to at one point run the LION Multibeast because the ML was not working properly due to something not being right with the 10.8.2 update, i dont really know what it was as i am not that well versed in Unix/Terminal hacking. However, i will say this, my VGA port worked normally through the installer and after the first set of Kext updates as ML seems to have plenty of support of the VGA/DVI/HDMI port through the HD3000 graphics card.

I also ran the restore permissions option from the Lion Multibeast, i think i read somewhere that running that is the same as running the option from within Disk Utility but i am not sure. My guess is there there was something up with 10.8.2 + Multibeast 5.x.x, because i did try at one point both the 5.0.x and 5.1.x versions to no avail.

As it stands i DO NOT run graphics enabler = no for my system, everything works fine, except for the sleep and audio pop issues which i am reluctant to tackle at this time because they are not bothering me.

Hope that helps.

Hi! I have the same configuration as yours. But I have a lot of artifacts graphics.
How you solved the problem with the graphics? Can share a set of kexts and dsdt?

Sorry for my English.

I actually have NOT done any tweaking of kext what so ever, i am not upto the task, all the kext ive used are either from Multibeast 4.x.x (Lion) or Multibeast 5.x.x (ML). And within the realm of what i have installed on the machine everything seems to be working.

For example, as you see in my main configuration specs, my i3-2105 seems to handle everything great, the 8gigs of Corsair ram i have runs perfect, i have a fast machine i did not have before, my DVD burner is a cheap-o generic that was recognized without any problems by ML, my usb 3.0 works, my video ports as ive mentioned work, i can only use DVI+HDMI or VGA+HDMI but not the 3 outputs, for now its fine, my network card works, my rear and front usb ports work, oh, my front audio panel is not connected, my audio works (with exception of pop i need to fix), sleep has some issues i have not attended either, but it doesnt bother me right now, and thats about it.

Anything else i can help dont hesitate to ask me, im not an expert, but i guess we can work together to make it work.

On a side note, i have ordered the Snow Leopard DVD, i would like to probably do an even cheaper build than this one, and run SL to see how that works compared.

I just followed the link in the main page: http://www.tonymacx86.com/303-mac-os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-dvd-available-again-online-19-99.html

Have a look at the pic, just to clear up, from left to right, the main screen, connected to the hackintosh (see dock on the bottom), the little one next to it ontop of the CPU is a touch screen connected to the thing under the next monitor which is a CarPC i am currently trying out to see if its feasible to install it in a car to use it for movies, music and tuning the car's computer, then the next screen is connected to the Acer PC on the right.

Attachments

• IMG-20121123-01189.jpg
    IMG-20121123-01189.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 418
I too had to use MultiBeast for Lion instead of Mountain Lion to get my system to boot after UniBeast install.

I too had to use MultiBeast for Lion instead of Mountain Lion to get my system to boot after UniBeast install.
Yeah so did I, but now that Multibeast 5.2 is out i am curious to try it out and see if i get anything like before. I had all sorts of troubles doing my initial install when using Multibeast for Mountain Lion at the beginning, it was only until i used the Lion one that i got it to work.

One think id like to ask the gurus on the forum is that do we need to do the "restore permissions" at the end of multibeast, or is that done in the background with the 5.x versions?

Thanks.

Also, on another note, after using both the magic trackpad and the mouse on my hack i have to admit i use the mouse more often than the trackpad, i guess its because i do more with the mouse than the pad. Maybe later i will use it more, but for now i dont use it as much as i should.

...Also, on another note, after using both the magic trackpad and the mouse on my hack i have to admit i use the mouse more often than the trackpad, i guess its because i do more with the mouse than the pad. Maybe later i will use it more, but for now i dont use it as much as i should.
Welcome to the club. :lol: I, too, used a mouse as soon as they came out. (I'm an oldie but goodie. :lol: ) Even with years of laptops with tracking pads, I still prefer a mouse to a trackpad for my desktop use. Old dogs, new tricks kinda thing, I guess.

Welcome to the club. :lol: I, too, used a mouse as soon as they came out. (I'm an oldie but goodie. :lol: ) Even with years of laptops with tracking pads, I still prefer a mouse to a trackpad for my desktop use. Old dogs, new tricks kinda thing, I guess.
Haha, yeah! I hear ya! Maybe there are software and applications that make using the trackpad much more interesting than the mouse, we'll see.

On a side note, i also am a little concerned about something i noticed about running full screen apps with my dual monitor setup. If i for example want to watch a movie on my second monitor, and i click the full screen option in either DVDPlayer or VLC my main monitor just goes black and i cant really use it, if this is an OS bubu i really think it should be addressed. In my PC experience no matter what monitor you used for full screen movie watching did not influence the other.

Also, i see Multibeast 5.2 is out, i noticed they've incorporated the full functional audio compliments of the 5.1 channel audio functionality, my question is, my system is running perfectly, i dont have sleep working because of issues mentioned before and my audio has that POP when its not being used for an extended period of time and you suddenly do something that requires any sort of sound, i've also read somewhere on the forum that running the audio out of the Digital/Optical out does not have the pop as you do with the normal stereo line out.

Should i update to the latest multibeast 5.2 audio Kext or should i try the fixes in the forum for my issues? Also, do i have to reinstall every kext i need for my system to work right with this new multibeast? I dont want to break anything that is already working fine on my hack.

And finally how can i fix my sleep issues? If i let the machine go to sleep and try to bring it back using any sort of keyboard of mouse clicks my monitors just go "white noise" on me and i cant get them back. This has also happened when left on power save (turning off monitors) but after a few seconds it comes back in that case.

Any suggestions???

First off, is your BIOS up to date and are you using the DSDT for your BIOS version? Check with the tonymacx86 DSDT Database for your motherboard. I have a GA-H61N-USB3 i3-2125 in my HacCube, and it performs the sleep/wake-up as Apple intended it to work.

As for your Audio, I don't have that problem. So, again, it might be due to the BIOS and DSDT versions. However, I'm using separate audio (Green plug on back panel) from HDMI as my monitor doesn't have built in speakers. I would post your problem in the Audio for section after looking for a similar thread(s) there. If you're wanting audio through the HDMI, there is a sub forum section on that: Audio > HDMI Audio.

Well something curious happened last night, i was watching a DVD, and everything was fine, i paused the DVD about a 1/4 into the movie to watch a trailer online and all of a sudden my audio crapped out, it would not work, volume controls worked but no audio, for no apparent reason it stopped working, i have no clue as to why, ive tried reinstalling kexts, from different versions of Multibeast to no avail.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I hope its not the audio hardware on the board that crapped out for no apparent reason. Im going to take the PC appart now to see if i can figure anything out. I had been using the green connector from the back (on the motherboard) since the beginning with no problems except the "pop" issue, then wham! no audio last night. Cant seem to fix it via software.

Also, my BIOS version was F8, i did have the appropriate DSDT file, unless there is a new one from when i downloaded mine for the later versions of Multibeast??

Report on this build DEC 30 2012

Well, after a few weeks of floggin' this Hackintosh i can report that it has been running adequately for what i have invested in it, i did drop the ball on my motherboard choice because this one only has 2 SATA ports so i am going to upgrade to the Z77 or H77 mini boards which do have a few more so i can add extra internal storage. I have to say that even though i do have the magic trackpad i do find a regular 2 button + roller mouse more useful for what i do on a daily basis which is basically web browsing, audio and video playback, graphic design and drawing, typing, etc..

I did get a Kernel panic yesterday for no reason at all, rebooted the system and it started right up with nothing different.

At any rate, i still have a few complaints about MacOS and some limitations or restrictions i have run across but alas no big deal.

I wont mess with tweaking this system as i want to do it with my next board which will bare more memory and a faster processor, and quite possibly not rely on the internal HD4000 graphics but a much more powerful GPU card, possibly a GT6xx Nvidia.

Anyhoot, thats about it for now, will post a brand new thread when that board comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back