Contribute
Register

First Build! GA-H61N-USB3 i3-2105 Mini Budget Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, another comment i have about my experience with this Hackintosh is that i have noticed that the OS isnt remembering my Icon positioning/arrange preferences i set for any given folder. For example, i use the Downloads folder a lot, i constantly have to rearrange the icons by Name to get them lined up properly. This is viewing the files in ICON mode. Anybody know anything about this?

This is normal in the Icon view. The file is added to the end of the file/icon list and you must use the Finder's Clean up by Alphabetical. This is why I don't use that mode.

Hi to everybody here - I have the same board with a i3 - core 2100 and corsair 4GB and could install 10.8.2 only in safe mode, also now at any boot the system stops during start with no chance to bring it up - any recommendations?

I would be glad for any help

regards from Austira

I'm having problems with this processor too. its the i3-2105

After install of Mountain lion and running MultiBeast, the machine restarts but a quick flash of the apple screen and i mean a split second then it goes black and resets the motherboard back to the BIOS screen.

Can't get anything to help me get round it.

Well guys, i am no expert, but after many attempts initially to get this setup going with many failed attempts all on this machine works. Initially the way i fixed my installation problems, which were similarly to yours where my machine would kernel panic at start up and/or go blank/black/white noise screen, were fixed by going with the 4.6 version of Multibeast for Lion, not the Mountain Lion version available at that time, i think it was 5.0.2 or 5.1.x. Anyway, if i have to run it down it would be like this:

Using that 4.6 version of Multibeast for Lion, install the following kexts:

Multibeast 4.6.1 Options 01.pngMultibeast 4.6.1 Options 02.png

Your system should at least be able to reboot after that. If it does, then you can try to run the rest of the kexts to get what ever you need to get working with the 5.0.2 version of Mountain Lion. Oh, and i use an SSD drive, so i did 3rd Party Sata, as well as Trim which i forgot to tick in those screenshots.

Also, what version of OSX are you using to do the installation? 10.8, 10.8.1, 10.8.2?

And finally, what version of BIOS do you have? My board had F8, so i downloaded the appropriate DSDT file from this website, i did not do ANY editing to it, just put the file on the desktop so the Installer could use it.

I really hope that helps.

Edit: I also have to say that i have not tried to do a fresh installation with the latest versions of Multibeast/Unibeast/ML OSX 10.8.2, i dont know if the same results would be produced. I am hoping to do another build to see how that goes with a new board. I would love to see the Admins of this forum do a run down of what would need a Kext update on a certain hardware and what wouldnt. For example, HD3000 graphics DO NOT need anything, that works right out of the box, but, a Realtek 8xxx audio controller does need a kext, at the very least do it with the boards that have been reviewed.

...Also, what version of OSX are you using to do the installation? 10.8, 10.8.1, 10.8.2?...

10.8.2 from Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) is the only way to go. I have done a fresh installed of Mt Lion 10.8.0/1/2 when each version of Mt Lion came out on my P55M-UD4 Batman test system. By far, 10.8.2 was the easiest to get running as I tested with 5770, 6450 and 6850 graphics cards. Besides, 10.8.2 with the Supplement Update is the only version on the MAS, currently. At $20 USD, it's great buy! :thumbup:

BUILD UPDATE: May 4th, 2013

Well, after months of running on 10.8.2 with no problems, ive been using this thing every day as my main computer. A little horror story recently while i updated to 10.8.3 made the machine not want to boot at all, even rolling back to 10.8.2 left it with that dreaded boot loop. I finally got the machine back to normal working order at 10.8.2 from my hard drive back up and almost pulling my hair out trying to get it working again.

I will wait for a while before trying to update again to 10.8.3 as i dont want to spend 2-3 days trying to fix the machine again if something goes wrong. Its the ONLY negative comment i have, the amount of troubleshooting time you could spend on fixing issues that render the computer not useable or half operational.

Anyway, i will keep working with this for as long as i can, its definitely a refreshing chance from GooInDoes, and i like the fact that even though i am not that well versed yet in Unix and Terminal tweaks its coming along and i love the throwback to command line input.

A big shout out to all the mods and gods on this forum, my hats off to you guys for all the work you do to make this new avenue of PC usage available for the rest of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back