Contribute
Register

First build, almost perfectly working. Almost...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170W Gaming 3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there
I am new to the hackintosh community, and manage to run my first build based on tonymacx86 buyer's guide.

My config:

Mother Board Gigabyte GA-Z170X gaming 3
Core I7 skylake 6700K
16 Go DDR4 2400MHz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX960 4Go
SSD Samsung Evo750
TP-Link Archer T6E wifi
IOGear GBU521W6 bluetooth adapter
Sierra

It works fine but I have some issues:
- I finally managed to get the wifi icon (via fcvo patch), but it can't connect to the very few networks it sees
- bluetooth worked fine the first week. For 2 days it's been connecting to my magic mouse but the pointer is not responding, so the mouse is not usable. The Bluetooth Apple keyboard works normally, though. (batteries are full)
- external drives via USB3 dock eject inadvertently
- when I connect a second monitor (VGA with DVI adapter), the computer reboots. In loop.

I would appreciate your help to get things working.

Hi there
I am new to the hackintosh community, and manage to run my first build based on tonymacx86 buyer's guide.

- when I connect a second monitor (VGA with DVI adapter), the computer reboots. In loop.

I just can help you at this point.
This a very normal behaviour. VGA isnt officially supported and had the same problem. The only solution is to use an active adapter. I used an active hdmi to vga adapter for 6€ from amazon.

Hi there

My config:

Mother Board Gigabyte GA-Z170X gaming 3
Core I7 skylake 6700K
16 Go DDR4 2400MHz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX960 4Go
SSD Samsung Evo750
TP-Link Archer T6E wifi
IOGear GBU521W6 bluetooth adapter
Sierra

It works fine but I have some issues:
- I finally managed to get the wifi icon (via fcvo patch), but it can't connect to the very few networks it sees
- bluetooth worked fine the first week. For 2 days it's been connecting to my magic mouse but the pointer is not responding, so the mouse is not usable. The Bluetooth Apple keyboard works normally, though. (batteries are full)
- external drives via USB3 dock eject inadvertently

Common problem when using VGA. No mac has VGA so VGA isn't supported. A adaptor may work but may still have problems. Better to use DVI or HDMI, DisplayPort.

Eventually, things went weirder...
So i did a clean new vanilla install.
I will try not to play with the system files that much. I just patch kexts with clover if necessary (trim, fcvo, ...)

Today, what works:
- wifi
- USB3 seems to be stable enough to work on external drives

What does not:
- bluetooth. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it can't connect at all. Sometimes I have the magic keyboard but not the magic mouse.

Eventually, things went weirder...
So i did a clean new vanilla install.
I will try not to play with the system files that much. I just patch kexts with clover if necessary (trim, fcvo, ...)

Today, what works:
- wifi
- USB3 seems to be stable enough to work on external drives

What does not:
- bluetooth. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it can't connect at all. Sometimes I have the magic keyboard but not the magic mouse.

Which Bluetooth solution do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back