Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

@buddyjack2
I'm afraid that the only wifi working with the Apple eco-system are the Broadcom or Atheros whose ids have been included in macOS at any time. This applies to Find My Mac also.
Maybe you are able to activate your Intel wifi 6 but it will not give to you these features.
If you install your Intel wifi, keep the Fenvi plugged to have Bluetooth.
Ah, okay, good suggestion. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah! It is enabled, but no buttons.

Also the user & password is lower than in ventura and olders.

Also the loading black screen with an Apple has different behavior with two screens. Later first you see the apple bar in one screen, then goes to the other screen, but in Sonoma just you see the loading bar in one screen (and is faster)

I have two partitions, one with ventura, and the EFI is the same. But the behavior is different, the unique change is in Sonoma's side about the patches for 23.0.0.
1. The positions of the User & Password fields are as designed
2. Shutdown and Restart buttons are there (upper right corner)

None of the issues you reported have anything to do with the OLCP patch.

LWScreenShot 2023-10-20 at 4.40.13 PM.png

I was forwarded to this post by a moderator as I was unaware that broadcom nics were dropped in Sonoma. Thank you so much! I have this working perfectly now. I will say for others I had made many typos that would have shot me in the foot when I tried to boot after making the edits to my EFI if not for OCAuxillaryTools and it's built in ocvalidator.

The AMFIPass.kext v1.4.0 does not require it on Sonoma.
I have some troubles finding this AMFIpass on Github. Do you know where the official repository is located ?
Thanks !

Did someone try the the upgrade to Sonoma 14.1 ? Was it successful ? Normally the root patches forces a full package download...

Normally the root patches forces a full package download...
Reverting the OCLP root patches will allow you to download the small updates as it puts the system volume back to sealed state.

Back