Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

so, just got the new antenna and the result is the same, I need to be very close to it for airdrop to work.

Now, either my bcm94360ng has an issue or one of the connectors is not properly attached anymore; guess I will need some thermal paste as I will need to dismantle the whole pc to reach the card.... damn it :(
issue fixed, one of the connectors was loose indeed, and I forgot to remove the sticker under the card. Now the Bluetooth signal is much stronger and Airdrop works with my BCM94360NG from across the room:headbang:

I get a crash at boot when using the following boot args:

keepsyms=1 alcid=1 agdpmod=pikera -amfipassbeta

And somehow when I revert to my original config.plist to boot as normal I get a kernel panic (see image). Any idea how to solve it?
I took a closer look at your config.plist and the SecureBootModel option is set to Default. It must be set to Disabled as below:

config.plist --> Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel = change it to Disabled

And why are you using 3 different Ethernet kexts? Dual Ethernet motherboard, perhaps?

The only problem I encountered was that after configuring the plist-related content, I restarted to prepare to use oclp and the result was stuck on the login interface, unable to input, and the cursor did not flash at this time. . . I don't know the reason, but I have tried various debuggings to no avail.

OCLP Sonoma Early Preview (as read in post 1) not needed anymore. OCLP 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 already have the sonoma wifi branch included.

@zrsstar
Put here the config.plist that’s causing this issue.

Is anyone having the Restart, shutdown buttons on login?

I have active in config, but they don't appear. Should it be related with the patch?

Is anyone having the Restart, shutdown buttons on login?

I have active in config, but they don't appear. Should it be related with the patch?
system settings Lock Screen show buttons = enabled

Yeah! It is enabled, but no buttons.

Also the user & password is lower than in ventura and olders.

Also the loading black screen with an Apple has different behavior with two screens. Later first you see the apple bar in one screen, then goes to the other screen, but in Sonoma just you see the loading bar in one screen (and is faster)

I have two partitions, one with ventura, and the EFI is the same. But the behavior is different, the unique change is in Sonoma's side about the patches for 23.0.0.

Update: turns out it doesn't matter if I use AMFIPass.kext/-amfipassbeta or just the amfi=0x80 boot arg, either way my LEDs & Fans stay on after shutdown. Everything else works fine with the Fenvi fix. My problem is possibly unique to my Maximus XIII mobo. There's software on the Windows side that can control the lights but unfortunatley Asus doesn't offer anything similar for Macintosh.
Thanks again to everyone on here for their help & advice on the Fenvi fix. After getting it to work, though, I've ultimately retrenched back to my previous EFI (OC 0.9.5, but without all the mods for Fenvi) because: 1) I wasn't feeling real comfortable with SIP disabled, and 2) As mentioned, some peculiarity with my mobo kept a fan and the LED lights on after shutdown. I've been relying on my Ethernet connection ever since I retrenched, and Sonoma has gone back to not recognizing my Fenvi card.

One problem, though, is that Find My Mac apparently won't work without WiFi... so now I'm considering seeing if I can use the AirportItlwm kext to enable Sonoma to recognize the built-in WiFi-6E on my mobo. I've had that disabled in BIOS ever since I got the Fenvi card.

That leads to the question: should I remove the Fenvi card when I re-activate my WiFi-6E in BIOS? Sonoma no longer recognizes the Fenv, but Windows 11 does, and I'm wondering about a WiFi conflict when I do boot into Windows, if both are enabled and recognized there.

@buddyjack2
I'm afraid that the only wifi working with the Apple eco-system are the Broadcom or Atheros whose ids have been included in macOS at any time. This applies to Find My Mac also.
Maybe you are able to activate your Intel wifi 6 but it will not give to you these features.
If you install your Intel wifi, keep the Fenvi plugged to have Bluetooth.

Back