Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

So you're saying my USBmapping can be affected by the Fenvi fix? Because my USBmapping is fine under Sonoma… no problem with the lights port when my while my Fenvi is unsupported… only after I do the Fenvi fix.
Here is a long shot, what AMFI fix are you using, is it the kext coupled with -amfipassbeta boot-arg or just the other boot-arg without the kext?

If one of the two try the other one and see if the problem remains because it's really strange the patch would have that effect but then again could be.

Here is a long shot, what AMFI fix are you using, is it the kext coupled with -amfipassbeta boot-arg or just the other boot-arg without the kext?

If one of the two try the other one and see if the problem remains because it's really strange the patch would have that effect but then again could be.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that tonight. I'm currently using AMFIPass.kext (v. 1.3.1) and -amfipassbeta boot arg. Just using amfi=0x80 restored my wifi but prevented various 3rd-party apps from opening (see my Post # 121). To fix that back then I don't think I actually shut down, to notice if LEDs & fans stayed on... I think I just changed EFI folder to one that used amphipass.kext and -amfipassbeta and restarted.

I do know that my Hack will not boot without either method, so I can't eliminate them entirely, but I'll try going temporarily back to amfi=0x80 and see what happens at shutdown.

So you're saying my USBmapping can be affected by the Fenvi fix? Because my USBmapping is fine under Sonoma… no problem with the lights port when my while my Fenvi is unsupported… only after I do the Fenvi fix.
I am just saying I had a problem with the led lights and was usbmap related

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that tonight. I'm currently using AMFIPass.kext (v. 1.3.1) and -amfipassbeta boot arg. Just using amfi=0x80 restored my wifi but prevented various 3rd-party apps from opening (see my Post # 121). To fix that back then I don't think I actually shut down, to notice if LEDs & fans stayed on... I think I just changed EFI folder to one that used amphipass.kext and -amfipassbeta and restarted.

I do know that my Hack will not boot without either method, so I can't eliminate them entirely, but I'll try going temporarily back to amfi=0x80 and see what happens at shutdown.
Update: turns out it doesn't matter if I use AMFIPass.kext/-amfipassbeta or just the amfi=0x80 boot arg, either way my LEDs & Fans stay on after shutdown. Everything else works fine with the Fenvi fix. My problem is possibly unique to my Maximus XIII mobo. There's software on the Windows side that can control the lights but unfortunatley Asus doesn't offer anything similar for Macintosh.

Installed Sonoma on an Alder Lake system with a Gigabyte Z690 board, i5 processor and AMD Radeon RX580X graphics and the Fenvi BCM943602CS that has been working without problems until Ventura. I have not been able to make it work once Sonoma is installed, rigorously applying the necessary Kexts and the OCPL 0.69 patch and subsequently installing patch version 1.00 from scratch, also without positive results. For whatever reason, in this system the Fenvi does not come back to life. Otherwise Sonoma works correctly in Alder Lake with SIMBIOS iMac 19.1.
Tried OCPL 1.0.1 patch also without results.

Is the plan for future OpenCore releases to fix the wifi problems?
I'm waiting on that because I tried the OpenCore Legacy Patch to make my Broadcom WiFi work again, but it bricked my system. Lucky I backed everything up and was able to do a recovery.

Is the plan for future OpenCore releases to fix the wifi problems?
I'm waiting on that because I tried the OpenCore Legacy Patch to make my Broadcom WiFi work again, but it bricked my system. Lucky I backed everything up and was able to do a recovery.
Had the same experience. Staying on Ventura until there is a sustainable solution. I followed the steps and ended bricking my system. Rolled back to a clean install of Ventura and waiting for the solution.

I added the ECM-Override.kext in the event I ever plug in a USB NIC. Seems to be working fine.

Just ordered some like @djbuddha but a newer generation. I cannot airdrop unless I'm like 1 meter from the hack (3.something ft), so from across the room...:lol: Can't wait to see if this improve things
so, just got the new antenna and the result is the same, I need to be very close to it for airdrop to work.

Now, either my bcm94360ng has an issue or one of the connectors is not properly attached anymore; guess I will need some thermal paste as I will need to dismantle the whole pc to reach the card.... damn it :(

The Good News: after installing AppleICG.kext and adding e1000=0 to boot-args, both my WiFi and my Ethernet are working again! Thank you guys so much!

But...

The Bad News: Both Firefox and Adobe Creative Cloud crash or hang immediately upon launch. Poking around online I *think* this may be because they can't operate with AMFI disabled (someone suggested this may also be true with other third-party apps). (Safari is fine, which is what I'm using to log in here to post this).

Since the Root Patch was already successfully applied, I *thought* I could just remove amfi=0x80 from boot-args, but my Hack wouldn't boot up without it. @miliuco has a post elsewhere on tonymacx86 discussing AMFIPass.kext (and -amfipassbeta in boot-args). I'm thinking of trying that instead of amfi=0x80 and (assuming my Hack boots okay afterwards) seeing if that allows Firefox, Creative Cloud and other third-party apps to launch.
Hi! I'm also having issues with Creative Cloud, Teams and other apps. Where can I find the repo for AMFIPass.kext?

I guess is just adding it to the kexts folder (and under kexts in config.plist), right?

Last edited:
Back