Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

@spang1974
There are instructions somewhere in the network. You update Sonoma, then you loose the wifi and must reapply the root patch. Usually you don’t need to edit config.plist but, if you don’t get the update from Software Update, you can add RestrictEvents.kext and revpatch=sbvmm as boot arg and revert this after successful update.
Thank you:)

Had to use RestrictEvents.kext and boot arg revpatch=sbvmm to update. Also had to use the AMFIPass.kext and the boot arg -amfipasbeta to get everything to work as normal. OCLP worked a treat.
Hi - Actually you should discard using the AMFIPass.kext (as documented) and just use these boot- args along with the RestrictEvents.kext as shown in my example, but if you're happy with what is working for you, then by all means carry on.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 22.10.15.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 22.10.15.png
    92 KB · Views: 113
Hi - Actually you should discard using the AMFIPass.kext (as documented) and just use these boot- args along with the RestrictEvents.kext as shown in my example, but if you're happy with what is working for you, then by all means carry on.
Yeah, I tried that first, certain apps won't work (Tor Browser, Teams, Zoom) when I boot using those settings. Thank you for the tip.

Great job, of course, OCLP and OpenCore.

Hi guys!

I've tried what you said in this thread, but I haven't been able to get it working.

Once I applied the:
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Allow IOSkywalk Downgrade</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Identifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string>23.0.0</string>
<key>Strategy</key>
<string>Exclude</string>
</dict>
I experienced a lag of like 3-4 minutes on the boot, but finally booted as always, no WiFi and apparently, no Bluetooth.

I also applied the two kexts you mentioned.

Any ideas would be really helpful

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.6 KB · Views: 33
Hi guys!

I've tried what you said in this thread, but I haven't been able to get it working.

Once I applied the:

I experienced a lag of like 3-4 minutes on the boot, but finally booted as always, no WiFi and apparently, no Bluetooth.

I also applied the two kexts you mentioned.

Any ideas would be really helpful
could be the issue:
Code:
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

@Chuck23
Yes, it's

<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>

instead of

<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

Pay attention to the details.

could be the issue:
<key>Enabled
<false/>
I've tried to changing it to <true/> but I remained with the same problem... I've tried to add some boot args, but remain same.

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.1 KB · Views: 33
I've tried to changing it to <true/> but I remained with the same problem... I've tried to add some boot args, but remain same.

IOSkywalkFamily.kext still seems to be set to Enabled - false.

Back