1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I have a lenovo Z580 with the following specs :

System: Lenovo/Z580 + Clover

CPU: Intel Core i5 3210M @ 2.50GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology + motherboard chipset :
LENOVO Lenovo (CPU Socket - U3E1) Southbridge Model: HM76

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Lenovo)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M (Lenovo) + 15.6 inches 1366*768

I have two questions :

1- I searched the DSDT for motherboard support but I couldn't any motherboards made by Lenovo itself as I do have. What should I do?.

2- I read the "Read me First" and "laptop compatibility". I have seen that my lapotop does have Nvidia Optimus technology which as I understood simultaneously keep switching between the Nvidia and the Internal Intel graphics card and it will not be supported. I don't care for it anyways as I don't mind using only the Nvidia card in Mac. Is there a way to shutdown the Internal graphics card and only use the external one?. If there is a way, will it also shut it down in Windows or Ubuntu?

I haven't installed the Mac 10.6 yet as I want to make sure that everything is looking good and promising to proceed further.

Thank you very much for your support.

I have two questions :

1- I searched the DSDT for motherboard support but I couldn't any motherboards made by Lenovo itself as I do have. What should I do?.

Patch your own.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Using a DSDT from another computer is always a very bad idea anyway.

2- I read the "Read me First" and "laptop compatibility". I have seen that my lapotop does have Nvidia Optimus technology which as I understood simultaneously keep switching between the Nvidia and the Internal Intel graphics card and it will not be supported. I don't care for it anyways as I don't mind using only the Nvidia card in Mac. Is there a way to shutdown the Internal graphics card and only use the external one?. If there is a way, will it also shut it down in Windows or Ubuntu?

You will be using only the Intel graphics device. Nvidia is not supported in an optimus configuration.

I haven't installed the Mac 10.6 yet as I want to make sure that everything is looking good and promising to proceed further.

10.6 does not support your CPU/graphics.

Install Yosemite.

Follow one of the guides linked by the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thank you for your reply,

From what I understood, I can't install Yosemite before installing 10.6 and then upgrading to 10.6.8 ( even all the guides I saw here pre assume that you have mac installed in order to install Lion, Mavericks or Yosemite). So how can I skip all of them?

Thank you for your reply,

From what I understood, I can't install Yosemite before installing 10.6 and then upgrading to 10.6.8 ( even all the guides I saw here pre assume that you have mac installed in order to install Lion, Mavericks or Yosemite). So how can I skip all of them?

Should you decide to go that route, the DVD you'll purchase from Apple has 10.6.3, not 10.6.

It is easier to borrow a Mac from someone you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back