Contribute
Register

FCP X Issue and Problems with Safe Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the vast majority of the issues have been video related, I am wondering if you are using the Nvidia web drivers, instead of the default ones. You may want to try them if you are not using them. I have Nvidia GTX560TI and the display used to freeze on me every so often. The web drivers resolved my issue.

What about the kext dev mode flag? If you are not, include that in the boot.plist file under Kernel Flags. Given that the Nvidia Web Driver flag also goes into the same section, the entry would look as follows:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

Hmm I will give that a go. I just tried iMovie and that seemed to work though...so now I'm even more perplexed.

If the vast majority of the issues have been video related, I am wondering if you are using the Nvidia web drivers, instead of the default ones. You may want to try them if you are not using them. I have Nvidia GTX560TI and the display used to freeze on me every so often. The web drivers resolved my issue.

What about the kext dev mode flag? If you are not, include that in the boot.plist file under Kernel Flags. Given that the Nvidia Web Driver flag also goes into the same section, the entry would look as follows:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

Doing this only gave me an odd error before the system booted and it said 0 MB for my graphics card under about this mac. And FCP still crashed. :( thanks for trying though

I actually put in the flags wrong. Fixed my error and this time the grey apple screen as stretched weird and FCP instead of crashing outright, just froze and would do nothing...so that's sort of progress?

You did download and install the Nvidia web drivers, yes? The nvda flag should only be there if you installed those drivers. Sorry if I am asking the obvious.

You did download and install the Nvidia web drivers, yes? The nvda flag should only be there if you installed those drivers. Sorry if I am asking the obvious.

Yes I did download and install the drivers. I set the dialogue to web driver and everything. The second time I tried FCP X after downloading the web drivers, this time it took 20 seconds for it to load and then it crashed as normal when I tried to do anything.

I'm starting to feel like reverting to Mavericks is my only option?

Yikes! I am sorry but nothing else comes to mind at the moment. Mavericks may be the best option but keep the newly created partition to continue testing with. Something is bound to come up to help, maybe even an update to FCP X.

Yikes! I am sorry but nothing else comes to mind at the moment. Mavericks may be the best option but keep the newly created partition to continue testing with. Something is bound to come up to help, maybe even an update to FCP X.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue... :/

Is it possible that the GTX 650 1 GB simply isn't powerful enough to run FCP X anymore? I hardly believe it though...

Any other takers? Any other ideas?

I do not believe it would be a GPU issue as I have a GTX560TI with 1 GB + it was working okay with Mavericks, yes? I am not familiar with the OS X logs, but there's bound to be a crash report logged on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back