Graphics
nvidia gtx 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I was with 10.9.5, everything worked perfectly. With the update to 10.10, I've had many audio and USB problems that I've all but resolved, but here is what's left.

My build:
gigabyte z77-ds3h
i5-3570
nvidia gtx 650 1 gb
8gb RAM

First issue is booting in safe mode. Whenever I try to, it says that it cannot find mach_kernel. It boots just fine normally.

Second problem is that FCPX will not run in anyway shape or form. It will crash within 5 seconds of launch, if it even loads all the way. Yes, it is a legal copy of FCPX. Which makes it even more painful. I have deleted .plists. I have tried it on other user profiles. I am a vlogger and it is my livelihood. Please help me!

best.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of others with this problem. Have you tried deleting the app and downloading it from the App Store?

Doesn't seem to be a lot of others with this problem. Have you tried deleting the app and downloading it from the App Store?

Several times. I'm wondering if it's possible that this related to my problems with safari refreshing a youtube page up to 5 times saying "safari web content quit unexpectedly"?

Anyone? Please this is infuriating me.

Would making a small test partition and installing yosemite there to test fcpx on a brand new install be a good move?

I have no issue running FCP X 10.1.3 on my system. However, the one thing that bothers me though is that it stalls for 30 to 45 seconds on the splash screen before starting. It never did that with the Mavericks install. It opened literally in seconds, on an SSD. My system is modest relative to the more modern builds, but Yosemite runs extremely smoothly otherwise.

I have no issue running FCP X 10.1.3 on my system. However, the one thing that bothers me though is that it stalls for 30 to 45 seconds on the splash screen before starting. It never did that with the Mavericks install. It opened literally in seconds, on an SSD. My system is modest relative to the more modern builds, but Yosemite runs extremely smoothly otherwise.

Im thinking about making a 20 Gb partition and do a clean install of yosemite and then reinstall fcp there to see if maybe it's just an issue with my install. I didn't do a clean install, but rather an upgrade over mavericks so maybe something went awry?

Made another partition and installed fcp x and it still crashed.

Is there anyone that has any idea what's going on? I'm desperate!

It sounds like you have done quite a bit of work to get it going. I am sorry if I am just shooting in the dark but 3 things come to mind:

1. Try iMovie. I know that once you have used FCP X, it would be difficult to go back to iMovie. At least it might help you rule some things out.
2. Ensure that you are installing FCP X 10.1.3 ( i heard older versions are not compatible with Yosemite).
3. I am wondering if it has to do with the sound issues you had? Were they driver related by any chance and how were they resolved?

I will keep thinking of other possibilities and if anything else comes to mind, I will be sure to share.

Good luck!

It sounds like you have done quite a bit of work to get it going. I am sorry if I am just shooting in the dark but 3 things come to mind:

1. Try iMovie. I know that once you have used FCP X, it would be difficult to go back to iMovie. At least it might help you rule some things out.
2. Ensure that you are installing FCP X 10.1.3 ( i heard older versions are not compatible with Yosemite).
3. I am wondering if it has to do with the sound issues you had? Were they driver related by any chance and how were they resolved?

I will keep thinking of other possibilities and if anything else comes to mind, I will be sure to share.

Good luck!

I will try iMovie. I am indeed using fcp x 10.1.3. My only sound problem was I installed the wrong kext at first. Thus far, the vast majority of my problems have been video related.

If the vast majority of the issues have been video related, I am wondering if you are using the Nvidia web drivers, instead of the default ones. You may want to try them if you are not using them. I have Nvidia GTX560TI and the display used to freeze on me every so often. The web drivers resolved my issue.

What about the kext dev mode flag? If you are not, include that in the boot.plist file under Kernel Flags. Given that the Nvidia Web Driver flag also goes into the same section, the entry would look as follows:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back