Contribute
Register

FAQ for Mountain Lion on HP Probook

If someone wants to use 300Mbps WiFi only card BCM94322HM8L which is supported natively by OSX and don't mind "702 error" and extra steps, part number is 504664-001 more details here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...eneral-our-wifi-whitelisting-days-0v3r-6.html

Thank a lot for your FAQ.
I'm considering buying BCM94322HM8L. I've read linked thread and still can't understand what problems will I face.
What is "702 error"?
It'll be needed to use DIY Setup 1.x?
As far as I understand from this thread it's not needed.

I'm considering buying BCM94322HM8L. I've read linked thread and still can't understand what problems will I face.
What is "702 error"?

No, it's not. The only thing you may need is the modified FanReset.dylib, which enables the miniPCIe port after you get that 702 message. Download it from here (the file with the whitelist hack), replace your current FanReset.dylib in /Extra/modules, turn your laptop off, replace your WiFi card and you're good to go.

Edit: I saw you have ProBook 5330m. I'm not sure if the modified FanReset,dylib can be used with it, but you can give it a try.

What is "702 error"?

The "702 error" is just an annoying bios message warning that the wifi card is unsupported and therefore disabled, wait for it to go away or hit "enter" to continue booting, your wifi card will work nevertheless if you follow Philip Petev procedure for the FanReset.dylib (you have to do it once after each OS update).

Thank you for clarification!
Another question: as BIOS disable WiFi card Windows7 will not work with BCM94322HM8L?

May be there is another 300Mbps card without these issues? Or may be it's better to choose 150Mbps card?

Thank you for clarification!
Another question: as BIOS disable WiFi card Windows7 will not work with BCM94322HM8L?

May be there is another 300Mbps card without these issues? Or may be it's better to choose 150Mbps card?

It will work with Win7 (and Win8 and Linux) if you're using the hacked Fanreset.dylib and using Chameleon/Chimera to boot you Windows/Linux install. The hacked Fanreset.dylib undoes what the BIOS did to disable the card.

It will work with Win7 (and Win8 and Linux) if you're using the hacked Fanreset.dylib and using Chameleon/Chimera to boot you Windows/Linux install. The hacked Fanreset.dylib undoes what the BIOS did to disable the card.

Excellent! I'm using Chimera.
Thank a lot for help again!

Hello, i have just installed ML on my HP 4540S, everything is working,one thing not and that is the sound.
Can some tell me what kind of sound card i have to install, is it voodoo hda etc etc

Lion starts only with the parameter -f, but is works very wel..

Thanks for the help,

Arjen

Hello, i have just installed ML on my HP 4540S, everything is working,one thing not and that is the sound.
Can some tell me what kind of sound card i have to install, is it voodoo hda etc etc

Lion starts only with the parameter -f, but is works very wel..

Thanks for the help,

Arjen

Did you install Lion or ML? Only ML is supported on ProBook 4540s.

If you follow the sticky guide (at the top of this forum) it will work including audio. What procedure did you follow?

Hi , i installed mountain lion from usb, even the webcam is working, just the sound, and the card reader, but us not so important.
even dual screen is working.
I will check the guide,
Thanks for the help

Arjen

Hi , i installed mountain lion from usb, even the webcam is working, just the sound, and the card reader, but us not so important.
even dual screen is working.
I will check the guide,
Thanks for the help

Arjen

Everything is working, even the cardreader, i am an happy bookpro user:)
Thanks for the help
Arjen

Back