Contribute
Register

FAQ for Mountain Lion on HP Probook

yes tested. but wifi not working :(

I haven't quite tried Mountain Lion yet on my laptop, because it is an HP Probook 4540s, and you haven't mentioned that this model is compatible. I can't quite differentiate between the 4530s and 4540s. My 4540s has Ivy Bridge. If I buy Mountain Lion, and install it on a USB through Unibeast, is it sure to work?

yes working. tested. but wifi not working :(

Attachments

• blinkscreen.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 157
@rehabman, bigdonkey and anyone else who can answer.

have ordered the wifi card below direct from hp . is it a direct swap/replace? or do i have to do some taping of some pins which i read somewhere on the posts here.

sorry i'm a bit confused from the random topics under pro book posts here. maybe include a subsection bit in the probook faq for those who got the intel wifi ?

and after the wifi card is replaced, does a new custom dsdt need to be patched?

for win7/8 which one of the drivers do i pick? (direct link to hp support for drivers http://bit.ly/VtXG1M) qualcomm? realtek?...

thanks.

thanks

fyi the hp p/n is 592775-001 and the spares p/n is 593127-001

View attachment 44530

have ordered the wifi card below direct from hp . is it a direct swap/replace? or do i have to do some taping of some pins which i read somewhere on the posts here.

sorry i'm a bit confused from the random topics under pro book posts here. maybe include a subsection bit in the probook faq for those who got the intel wifi ?

for win7/8 which one of the drivers do i pick? (direct link to hp support for drivers http://bit.ly/VtXG1M) qualcomm? realtek?...

thanks.

UPDATE - had no replies so far since i've put in the atheros card, so i'll answer my own question. hope it helps.
been getting heaps of ASOD, freezes, then you need to hard power off.
in short - do a brand new patched DSDT.

FYI - below screen shot is what happens if you pick the wrong set of patches. in this case i picked the dual link experimental. guess i dont have the dual link cable for my screen.

also if an ext display is connected, that screen on that works normally, without it being split into 4.

fresh clean install also helps.

View attachment 45386

Yes, a direct swap. Pop off the two antenna leads, unscrew two screws, it tilts up so you can easily pull it out. Replace the new card in reverse order. I have great big fingers and snapping the antenna leads back in was difficult, but that's just me.

I didn't. I had to go into System Preferences in ML and select Network. From there I added a wireless network connection and enabled airport. I was able to select my router from the Wi-Fi menu in the Menubar. It just worked...

Adding the driver for Win 7 was another story. I probably made about a dozen attempts until I got the drivers installed and it set right. I'd like to tell you what I did, but I have no idea, I just bumbled into the solution.

Ubuntu had no issue with the old card or the new.

thanks.

If Atheros 9285 and Atheros AR5B195 are the same cards ? maybe you could add the AR5B195 name to 1st post which to the new members makes no confusing.

Ask here: in my laptop is WiFi RTL8188CE, I want change to AR5B195, it from HP Mini 110, P/N 593127-001, Will it be compatible with my 4430s? Thanks
It probably should, but why ask when it takes 5 minutes to try it? Or you do not have it now?

Back