Contribute
Register

FAQ for Mountain Lion on HP Probook

Is it safe to update OS X from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 on a 4540s? New Logic Pro X doesn't work on 10.8.3 :(

Yes -- follow the instructions in the sticky guide at the top of this forum.

The next version of the software(UniBeast and HP ProBook Installer) will support Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9?Can you tell what time?I have not yet attempted to install the 10.8.4 version because Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 version will be published this fall....

- - - Updated - - -

The next version of the software(UniBeast and HP ProBook Installer) will support Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9?Can you tell what time?I have not yet attempted to install the 10.8.4 version because Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 version will be published this fall....

The only answer I can give you is "we hope so."

But given that Mavericks has not been released, and no one knows when it will be released or what will be in the final release... crystal balls being in short supply and time travel not yet invented... makes it rather difficult to predict the future.

Also, please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Rules said:
Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban.

The only answer I can give you is "we hope so."

But given that Mavericks has not been released, and no one knows when it will be released or what will be in the final release... crystal balls being in short supply and time travel not yet invented... makes it rather difficult to predict the future.

Also, please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Thanks dear friend the answer

Hey ya!

Im looking forward to buy a 4530s Probook with unfortunately a dedicated VGA, Radeon 6490M.
Exact model number is: 4530s A1D18EA

We checked it can be disabled in BIOS, what other issues it can cause besides still drawing power?

How good of a hackbook this probook will be?

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
Tom

Edit: How about phisicaly removing the dedicated VGA?

Hey ya!

Im looking forward to buy a 4530s Probook with unfortunately a dedicated VGA, Radeon 6490M.
Exact model number is: 4530s A1D18EA

We checked it can be disabled in BIOS, what other issues it can cause besides still drawing power?

How good of a hackbook this probook will be?

You can disable it in BIOS and in that case it shouldn't draw any/much power. In fact, you must disable it during OS X installation although you can re-enable it after. I don't have one (my 4530s is integrated only), so can't comment on the power use/battery life issues you raise.

The ProBook 4530s makes a pretty good hack.

Edit: How about phisicaly removing the dedicated VGA?

I'm guessing it is soldered to the motherboard...

Oh i see! Thanks a lot!
And how much chances do i have to get the Radeon card to work under OS X?
Can you put an optibay into the Probook?

Oh i see! Thanks a lot!
And how much chances do i have to get the Radeon card to work under OS X?

None.

Can you put an optibay into the Probook?

You can replace the DVD drive with a caddy for second HDD/SSD. Is that what you mean? The slot/space where the caddy goes is considered the 'optibay'.

Regarding the optibay: Yes, that was my question! Thank you for the confirmation! :)

On the VGA side...i saw configurations of MBP which had a 6490M Radeon onboard, namely the 2011 MBP 15"s. Other than the CPU the rest is just the same as my Probook's specs will be. Still no chance on that?

Regarding the optibay: Yes, that was my question! Thank you for the confirmation! :)

On the VGA side...i saw configurations of MBP which had a 6490M Radeon onboard, namely the 2011 MBP 15"s. Other than the CPU the rest is just the same as my Probook's specs will be. Still no chance on that?

The MacBook Pro uses different technology for switchable graphics and that's where the problem is...

So yeah, still no chance.

Back