GTX 650Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My hackintosh was running great using Chameleon, but in the world of Hackintoshing, nothing is ever truly 100%, so I'm playing around with Clover to see if things can get even better.

I have successfully installed clover to a USB stick and am successfully booting from it into my hack, but the boot time is insanely long.

From Chameleon menu to Yosemite login would take about 7 seconds.

From Clover USB menu to Yosemite login takes about 30.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing that? What things should I test and what should I be looking for?

GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK / i7 4790 / 8GB

My hackintosh was running great using Chameleon, but in the world of Hackintoshing, nothing is ever truly 100%, so I'm playing around with Clover to see if things can get even better.

I have successfully installed clover to a USB stick and am successfully booting from it into my hack, but the boot time is insanely long.

From Chameleon menu to Yosemite login would take about 7 seconds.

From Clover USB menu to Yosemite login takes about 30.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing that? What things should I test and what should I be looking for?

GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK / i7 4790 / 8GB

As I understand your post - If you installed the Complete system to a usb instead of making an installer usb, its obvious the speed of the usb will be vastly slower than if OS X was on a Drive attached to a SATA port.

You did not understand my post... If I could boot the entire Yosemite system from a USB stick in 30 seconds, that would be amazing. If you figure out how to do that, I'd like to hear that too.

No, I am booting off an SSD; Chameleon is installed to the SSD, and Clover is installed to a USB. I boot to Clover using the USB stick, and from Clover, boot my Yosemite install from the SSD. Once I hit enter from Chameleon or from Clover, everything else happens from the SSD (doesn't it?).

Booting from Chameleon takes under 10 seconds, but Clover takes over 30.

Does that help?

In the Boot section of your config.plist disable logging...

PHP:
<key>Log</key>
        <false/>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back