Contribute
Register

Extremely slow boot issue with NoFilmSchool Hack Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rebooted and didn't see anything strange in -v mode. Buzzed through all the lines without much hesitation and went right into OSX.

Attached is the Gigabyte screen I am referring to that the CPU stays on for about 2 minutes, and on this screen any key I press is unresponsive so I cannot get into boot or BIOS settings. Very strange.

photo.JPG

It looks like your BIOS is waiting for a response from something.

You could try your keyboard in a different USB port.

Maybe a power spike has corrupted your settings - You could try resetting the CMOS settings.

As the hang is before the Operating System loads, it is unlikely that a reinstall will help.

Good Luck

Hey thanks for your continued help, used a different USB port with my keyboard which worked and I was able to reset CMOS which also seemed to have solved my problem.

Now that Gigabyte screen is only up for a few seconds like it used to be, but after I get this screen (attached below) instead of the screen with the the progress bar that goes backwards. Now I must tell it where to boot from on each startup.

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 96
... but after I get this screen (attached below) instead of the screen with the the progress bar that goes backwards. Now I must tell it where to boot from on each startup.

Check your /Extra folder for the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. It looks like you set this:
"Instant Menu"=Yes

Use this instead:
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back