EVGA GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

so about 6 months ago I built the NoFilmSchool HackPro and it has been working flawlessly up until yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I think it had something to do with me trying to uninstall a Wacom driver. Now my computer takes 2 minutes to shut down and boot up when it used to take less then 30 seconds. And also, my 2nd monitor is displaying a "Out of Range" message during startup but once I am into OSX it works fine.

UPDATE: Monitor no longer has "out of range" issue. I left them unplugged for an extended amount of time in hopes of resetting them and it seems to have worked. Still having terribly slow boot time though.

Does anyone have any tips and anything to help steer me in the right direction?

Specs:
Gigabyte Intel Z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard with BT4.0/WiFi (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH)
Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5GHz 8MB Cache LGA 1155
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Suplerclocked 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB (System Drive)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Secondary Drive)

Thanks everyone,
Michael

Have you got a backup/clone of your system drive that you could revert to?

It gets stuck at the Gigabyte screen on startup for about 2 minutes. After that it boots into OSX quickly.

Do you have any SATA ports set to Hot Swap but with no drives connected ?

This was the cause of a similar slow boot on one of my builds.

Good Luck

I don't have your board but typically it's in :

BIOS - Peripherals - SATA Mode Selection - Each port can be set to Hot Plug Enabled / Disabled

Good Luck

Just tried, I'm actually unable to access any other screen or menu while on that Gigabyte screen. Hitting the DELETE key to enter BIOS does nothing. F8 and F12 are also unresponsive on this screen.

Can you boot with -v to see what's going on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back