Graphics
GeForce 9800 GTK+ 512 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have to manually enter the following at the boot prompt. If I don't then during the boot process my screen goes to sleep and I can not wake it up:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1
npci=0x2000
darkwake=0

Is this normal? I thought that because I used multibeast with the DSDT file (from the database here) for my motherboard I wouldn't have to do this. FYI I have the EX58-UD5 motherboard with a GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB graphics card.

If the above is normal how do i avoid having to type it in every time i boot?

I had Mountain Lion and before that Lion working fine on this machine. I would appreciate any help.

Along with the DSDT did you run Multibeast and check the appropriate boxes for things like "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and then from the "build" tab click "install" to your hard drive?

I didn't specifically choose GraphicsEnabler=Yes because I think I saw that was already there. I didn't see an option for the other stuff i have to type to make it work.

I definitely hit build, and targeted the maverick drive. Multibeast took some time to install on to the drive.

With Multibeast 6 the default for GraphicsEnabler is now "No." Until now the default was "Yes." If you need GraphicsEnabler=Yes then you need to check the box for it. I believe the other options you need should be there, like "PCI Root ID Fix."

Let us know if your system boots better after making the necessary changes.

I edited the boot plist to include the commands and the system is running perfectly now :) thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back