Contribute
Register

Ethernet not working in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post in appropriate forum. Off-topic for Network forum.
But you asked for the system specs, the issue is caused by installation of a network driver not a graphics driver. I have not had any problems with the GPU prior to installing the Ethernet kexts. This is a network issue not a graphics issue, unless the ethernet kext caused a graphics issue but it is a fault of the network configuration.

But you asked for the system specs, the issue is caused by installation of a network driver not a graphics driver. I have not had any problems with the GPU prior to installing the Ethernet kexts. This is a network issue not a graphics issue, unless the ethernet kext caused a graphics issue but it is a fault of the network configuration.

Installing the network driver probably causes a kernel cache rebuild, which exposes the problem you have with graphics configuration/kexts.

Diagnosis would require knowledge of your specific configuration and all post-install tasks you've done.

Installing the network driver probably causes a kernel cache rebuild, which exposes the problem you have with graphics configuration/kexts.

Diagnosis would require knowledge of your specific configuration and all post-install tasks you've done.

I just did a DSDT free install and selected:

ElliotForceLegacyRTC
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement
USB 3.0 universal
Voodoo TSCSync - 6 core
Customize > 1080p Display Mode
SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i7
Then I installed Audio ALC 892 using multibeast for mavericks
added the kernel flag npci=0x2000

this allowed it to boot. As soon as I installed an Ethernet driver it would not boot.
I followed this guide to get the initial boot working: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...king-ga-x79-up4-nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-a.html

I just did a DSDT free install and selected:

ElliotForceLegacyRTC
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement
USB 3.0 universal
Voodoo TSCSync - 6 core
Customize > 1080p Display Mode
SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i7
Then I installed Audio ALC 892 using multibeast for mavericks
added the kernel flag npci=0x2000

this allowed it to boot. As soon as I installed an Ethernet driver it would not boot.
I followed this guide to get the initial boot working: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...king-ga-x79-up4-nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-a.html

The npci=0x2000 tends to cause problems for certain network drivers.

The npci=0x2000 tends to cause problems for certain network drivers.

How would I go about fixing that? I cannot boot without using that flag, is there another way?

How would I go about fixing that? I cannot boot without using that flag, is there another way?

I've seen Meize mention the problems with using ncpi=0x2000 in the thread I linked earlier... You might read it for ideas.

I'm not familiar with X79 systems. My understanding is they are problematic, so I avoid them...

Some people using patched IOPCIFamily.kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back