Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ethernet drivers causing "Missing bluetooth controller transport" hang at boot

Dear all,

I'm having some trouble getting Ethernet to work properly. When I boot into safe mode it works fine, also when I boot and set up the Mac it allows me to sign into iCloud but I cannot access any websites. In System preferences it says that Ethernet is not available. Wifi works fine. When I try to install any driver for the ethernet it works but then I cannot boot the computer properly and it just freezes. I've tried multiple drivers and reinstalled OS X many times. Could anyone help me out please. Specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k overclocked to 4.3GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 770
SSD: Intel 520 240GB SSD
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79

Dear all,

I'm having some trouble getting Ethernet to work properly. When I boot into safe mode it works fine, also when I boot and set up the Mac it allows me to sign into iCloud but I cannot access any websites. In System preferences it says that Ethernet is not available. Wifi works fine. When I try to install any driver for the ethernet it works but then I cannot boot the computer properly and it just freezes. I've tried multiple drivers and reinstalled OS X many times. Could anyone help me out please. Specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k overclocked to 4.3GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 770
SSD: Intel 520 240GB SSD
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79

What Ethernet device do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCI List.

What Ethernet device do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCI List.

Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

I've tried installing hnak's drivers for the Intel ethernet, while it does allow the ethernet to work it then prevents me from rebooting again causing the boot screen to hang.

That allows the ethernet to work like the other drivers. However like the other drivers it causes my boot to hang at "Missing Bluetooth controller transport" and does not allow me to boot further. This was my main issue

Boot verbose, show photo.

Boot verbose, show photo.

11655319_964951623550250_1579445913_n.jpg
This is what happens almost every time I try any sort of driver for the ethernet. I don't understand why, I also do not have any bluetooth devices on my system so I don't know why I'm getting a bluetooth error.

View attachment 141704
This is what happens almost every time I try any sort of driver for the ethernet. I don't understand why, I also do not have any bluetooth devices on my system so I don't know why I'm getting a bluetooth error.

Likely a graphics problem. Bluetooth will not stop boot.

What hardware do you have? Please fill out your profile.

Likely a graphics problem. Bluetooth will not stop boot.

What hardware do you have? Please fill out your profile.

running a 3930K Asus Sabertooth X79 system with an Nvidia GTX 770

running a 3930K Asus Sabertooth X79 system with an Nvidia GTX 770

Post in appropriate forum. Off-topic for Network forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back