Asus H61M-C
CPU
i5 3470
Graphics
Nvidia EVGA GTX 670 2GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I'm currently making my second Hackinotsh build. My 1st one was Sierra which ran just fine, but after my GPU died, I couldn't reach it, woudn't boot. Now I want to install the latest High Sierra. I did that downloading the install app for High Sierra from the Mac App Store, and yes the file is larger than 5GB. So I used UniBeast 8.3.2 to create a bootable USB, everything went fine with that. After that I changed some recommended settings in my UEFI BIOS... I booted into Clover, first thing I noticed is that Clover looks weird (the background is black, and there's just a white frame around the selected option, it's weird because my last Hackintosh build Clover looked normal, ie grey background, native resolution etc), I chose to run "macos install from USB NAME". It took a while to boot into the macos install part. I erased my HDD as "Mac OS Extended(Journaled)", then I came to to the install process. First thing I noticed it says only 2 minutes left, which has no logic since I'm using a HDD, and just 30 seconds later, and the loading bar didn't even reach the max, my PC restarted, I booted into Clover again and I saw two options (I disconnected my HDD containing Windows before), and it's to boot from the bootable USB, and the second to boot "Install MacOS from HDD NAME", I selected to boot from the HDD, after a long time of loading, a window pops up saying that the installation of MacOS failed, and I should restart my PC to try again (and I did, 3 times, same result), full error is "An Error occured while loading installation resources". So, I tried creating my bootable USB 2x times, retrying the installation 3x times, nothing helped.

I didn't edit or touch inside the "EFI" partition/folder on the USB.
Any kind of help would be great, and I also googled a lot without any results, most people did a different way of installing or have a laptop.
Thanks in advance!

Specs:
i5 3470 3,2
Asus H61M-C
8GB DDR4
GTX 670 EVGA 2GB
250GB HDD

I've now successfully installed sierra

How did you work around this issue?
I had these problems with High Sierra, gave up and tried Sierra, that worked with the standard guide + USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext

I had these problems with High Sierra, gave up and tried Sierra, that worked with the standard guide + USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext

Alright thanks. I had trouble using Unibeast to create a Sierra USB (from my High Sierra Mac). Did you have any issues with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back