Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock B85M Pro4
CPU
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v3 @ 3.30GHz
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 next to Sierra on my PC (on the same HDD).
Mac OS is working fine but when I try to install windows, right after selecting the partition I get the following error:
Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation.

This is what I did right now:
- Creating Sierra bootable USB (with UEFI mode)
- Install Sierra
- Create a second partition for the windows installation
- Create Windows 10 bootable with Microsoft MediaCreationTool
- Boot into Windows 10 bootable DVD (in UEFI mode)

My hardware is:
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v3 @ 3.30GHz
HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
Motherboard: Asrock B85M Pro4

Thank you very much

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 next to Sierra on my PC (on the same HDD).
Mac OS is working fine but when I try to install windows, right after selecting the partition I get the following error:

This is what I did right now:
- Creating Sierra bootable USB (with UEFI mode)
- Install Sierra
- Create a second partition for the windows installation
- Create Windows 10 bootable with Microsoft MediaCreationTool
- Boot into Windows 10 bootable DVD (in UEFI mode)

My hardware is:
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v3 @ 3.30GHz
HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960
Motherboard: Asus B85M Pro4

Thank you very much
Please follow forum Rules and enter your hardware in your profile and/or create a sig.

Precisely how did you create the partition for Win10 in OS X Disk Utility app?
List steps.

Here's what I tried:
I formatted my drive with OS X Disk Utility in GUID and MAC OS X Journaled. After that I made a second partition (about 600GB for Windows - formatted the same) and installed Mac OS X.
After that I booted my Windows installation in UEFI mode. I deleted the partition in created in Disk Utility and tried to install it to the unallocated space. But I got an error saying that Windows couldn't prepare the computer to boot into the next installation phase. So I to change my UEFI settings but nothing helped.
I even took a second drive, plugged it in, formatted both again with Disk Utility as described above and tried to install windows again. No chance, the same error appeared.
Then I realized that I can install Windows, if I delete both drives in Windows Installation manager. So I was only able to install windows if no "Apple formatted" partition on both drives was available.

So I installed Windows in UEFI mode and then booted the Mac OS X Installer and installed OS X without any problems.
After that I downloaded MultiBeast, installed Clover for UEFI mode and Realtek ALC 892.
Then I also downloaded the Nvidia Web Driver and installed it.

So at the moment I have following problems: Sound isn't working, I can only boot to OS X with my installer USB and I'm having graphic problems (if I have some animations on the GUI, the system is lagging and some graphical problems are visible).

Here's what I tried:
I formatted my drive with OS X Disk Utility in GUID and MAC OS X Journaled. After that I made a second partition (about 600GB for Windows - formatted the same) and installed Mac OS X.
After that I booted my Windows installation in UEFI mode. I deleted the partition in created in Disk Utility and tried to install it to the unallocated space. But I got an error saying that Windows couldn't prepare the computer to boot into the next installation phase. So I to change my UEFI settings but nothing helped.
I even took a second drive, plugged it in, formatted both again with Disk Utility as described above and tried to install windows again. No chance, the same error appeared.
Then I realized that I can install Windows, if I delete both drives in Windows Installation manager. So I was only able to install windows if no "Apple formatted" partition on both drives was available.

So I installed Windows in UEFI mode and then booted the Mac OS X Installer and installed OS X without any problems.
After that I downloaded MultiBeast, installed Clover for UEFI mode and Realtek ALC 892.

So at the moment I have following problems: Sound isn't working, I can only boot to OS X with my installer USB and I'm having graphic problems (if I have some animations on the GUI, the system is lagging and some graphical problems are visible).

• A Screen Capture image of your Apple>About This Mac>System Report...>Hardware> Graphics/Displays sub-menu window uploaded to the Forum will help us to know better about your Graphics and Monitor to answer that part of your problem list.
To get a Screen capture in Hackintosh:
  1. Open the screen to be captured [ In this case click serially Apple on Top Panel>About This Mac>System Report...>Hardware and then Graphics/Displays
  2. Press the CMD key(Windows key) + Shift key and 4 to get a Cursor to drag the outline of the screen to be captured .
  3. Once outline is drawn the captured Screen image will be on your Desktop with a default Screen Shot dated and Timed
  4. You may edit if you like on a suitable Mac Graphic viewer cum editor and save.
  5. You may then upload the saved Screen Capture image to share with the readers of your post.

If you are willing to start over try the guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/
I did this on a Z77, a Z87 and an X99 following the same steps so I know it works.

Thanks for your answer. I tried that guide but I keep getting the same error during the Windows installation Windows couldn't prepare the computer to boot into the next installation phase).

• A Screen Capture image of your Apple>About This Mac>System Report...>Hardware> Graphics/Displays sub-menu window uploaded to the Forum will help us to know better about your Graphics and Monitor to answer that part of your problem list
- I can't really remember but I believe it was iMac 17,1".
- I tried it but still no sound. It even says No output device found in my sound settings.
- Here's the screenshot:
Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 15.22.36.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back