Contribute
Register

Erik's 2013 Hack Pro: Asus Sabertooth X79 - i7 4930k - 32GB 1866 Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Erik,
i have the sane MB same processor and GC i was able to install mavericks 10.9.2 everything's work but the computer it's so slow i spended 14 hours:banghead: coundn't fix anything ,my activity monitor show 12 thread\6 core but my geekbench it's out of ranch muticore 92345 i'm not sure what's going on and don't know what to do anymore if you have any trick let me know ,i don't know if i need DSDT ou SSDT
any help would be really appreciate. thanks.

Asus sabertooth x79
Intel 4930k non oc
Evga GTX 650.1G
16GB 1866
maverick 10.9.2
See post #28 of this thread.

hello,
me too it's very slow and my bench so up.
and same after instaled voodoo sync from multibeast.
somebody knows this kind of issue ?

it's like the hack was always with 1 core

X79UP4
GTX 770
MB 6.2.1
MAVERICK 10.9.2

thks

i did 35491 time and nothing red bull have no effect on my system anymore i close to sale the computer cause i don't know what to do.this what my smbios and charmelon look like and screen Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 10.25.53 PM.jpgView attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plistView attachment smbios.plist

Arff zut..
merci leseulhomme.
i will let you know if i found a solution.

Would you be able to do a quick video showing how you added that modified kernel to your usb please for us noobs please!!

Note: The current Mavericks release does not yet support Ivy Bridge-E, so this build -- until December 2013 -- has the following limitations:

• You need to use a modified kernel. This isn't too scary -- change one character in the hex editor and you're good to go.
  • No power management yet. It's coming.
  • Multiplier overclocks do not yet work. You can overclock with the BCLK.
  • FakeSMC needs updating for CPU sensors to work.

Again, all of these issues will be resolved in December when the Mac Pro gets released and we have a fully native kernel.

The Install

1. Before you start, you'll need to use a modified kernel. I've attached it.
  2. Create your USB stick using Unibeast or whatever tool you prefer.
  3. Copy the modified kernel to your USB. Go to the terminal, and type:

"cd " [with a space]

Then drag the folder where your modified kernel is. For example:

cd "/users/Erik/Downloads".

Then copy the Kernel to your new USB stick. Use a command like:

"sudo cp mach_kernel "/Volumes/USB/"

Where USB is the name of your volume.
  4. Boot from USB. Install Mavericks.
  5. Restart. Use USB Bootloader to boot, but boot into your new installation.
  6. Copy the Kernel again. The install will put the vanilla kernel, and you need to fix that.
  7. Use Multibeast 6. No DSDT. These settings should work:

eHQFzQr.png

Where's the modified kernel? You say you attached it, but I can't see it am I missing something??

Thanks for the write-up Erik. I'm putting together a similar build with dual GPUs.

Do I still need to patch the Kernel if I just downloaded the latest version of Mavericks from the App Store (I'm assuming they've updated the file to 10.9.3)?

***EDIT: You don't need to patch the Kernel w/ the current version in the App store (sorry if that was a no-brainer)

@samohung, here were my commands in case you didn't get it up & running yet:

1. run USB install with: -v -x cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

2. Reboot & boot with npci=0x3000 command

3. Run MultiBeast

4. Adding the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist doesn't work, so I'm still booting with npci=0x3000;
<key>npci=0x3000</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I'll post a fix for #4 when I figure it out (maybe a darkwake command), but that's it...nice & easy!

I'm idling at around 52 degrees C @ 4.1Ghz OC. Windows Idles much cooler.

Anyone know what could be the cause? My 3930K was idling about 10 degrees cooler than this.

EDIT: Reinstalled, now idling @ 35. This time I added FakeSMC (which I mistakingly thought it said not to in the instructions)

Thanks for the write-up Erik. I'm putting together a similar build with dual GPUs.

Do I still need to patch the Kernel if I just downloaded the latest version of Mavericks from the App Store (I'm assuming they've updated the file to 10.9.3)?

***EDIT: You don't need to patch the Kernel w/ the current version in the App store (sorry if that was a no-brainer)

@samohung, here were my commands in case you didn't get it up & running yet:

1. run USB install with: -v -x cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

2. Reboot & boot with npci=0x3000 command

3. Run MultiBeast

4. Adding the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist doesn't work, so I'm still booting with npci=0x3000;
<key>npci=0x3000</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I'll post a fix for #4 when I figure it out (maybe a darkwake command), but that's it...nice & easy!

@ rlightbourn Hey thanks for getting back to me, was starting to think I was forgotten.;) I tried those boot flags you gave me, but still no joy.:crazy::crazy: I just cant get to Installer and have no idea why. I get this screen before the monitor switches off:

ps. I tried to take very quick snaps of my screen just before the screen switched off in verbose mode, hence why there are two pics. The larger file sized pic is the final second just before monitor powers off.

Thanks in Advance for you assistance :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screenshot2 error.jpg
    Screenshot2 error.jpg
    974.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Screenshot Bootscreen.jpg
    Screenshot Bootscreen.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back