Contribute
Register

Erik's 2013 Hack Pro: Asus Sabertooth X79 - i7 4930k - 32GB 1866 Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have got the same board but different graphics card. AMD 6850. ML works fine.

I can install mavericks fine and then boot from USB with npci=0x3000.

But when I install MultiBeast. It gets stuck on still waiting for root device with -v npci=0x3000 and with npci=0x2000 it is stuck on PCI Configuration Begin and white screen.

I would really appreciate some help.

Dang, that 4930k stock geekbench is very impressive. I will be updating my 3930k when it becomes full supported. Great build!

Any update here?
I mean without patching the kernel

Hi

After some tweaking and troubleshooting I've got mavericks to work.

Only problem is that everything is sooooooo slow. Booting is slow, performance is dead slow.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Note: DO NOT install the FakeSMC Plugins. It will not boot.

Hi, thanks for this guide!

Are the FakeSMC plugins still problematic? If so, what alternative did you use for hardware monitoring?

Hi

Only problem is that everything is sooooooo slow. Booting is slow, performance is dead slow.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

Did you use cpus=1 to get it to load? if so doesn't that mean your running on one core till you change it?

Sorry new to this, trying to get pretty much the same rig as you working. can you tell me hw you got mavericks installer to load fully? Mine feezes on second page and my mouse stops working.

cheers,

....so this build -- until December 2013 -- has the following limitations:
• You need to use a modified kernel. This isn't too scary -- change one character in the hex editor and you're good to go.
• No power management yet. It's coming.
• Multiplier overclocks do not yet work. You can overclock with the BCLK.
• FakeSMC needs updating for CPU sensors to work.
@erik
Congratulations! Great build and Benchmarks!

Are the limitations gone and are you saying there will be power management for sure?
Please keep us updated (Perhaps by that time, you can update/change your first post? )

So what did you do different than Erik, and is it solved already?

Hi

thanks for sharing your build Erik! I would build the same but with a Gigabyte X79-UP4.
do you think I can do the same way?

this will be my first Hack, and I'm afraid by line code...

Thanks for you answers

Nice build. What are your overclock settings? Is USB3 working? I have the P9X79E WS and the 4930K and I'm having trouble getting USB3 working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back