Contribute
Register

Erik's 2013 Hack Pro: Asus Sabertooth X79 - i7 4930k - 32GB 1866 Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Samo, wish I could help you, but I'm not sure why those bootflags wouldn't work for you.

Is that power management error the final thing you see before it shuts off? Maybe try disabling Turbo mode in the Bios.

Also try adding this flag: darkwake=0

I may be wrong, but I think that one has something to do with power management.

Hey Samo, wish I could help you, but I'm not sure why those bootflags wouldn't work for you.

Is that power management error the final thing you see before it shuts off? Maybe try disabling Turbo mode in the Bios.

Also try adding this flag: darkwake=0

I may be wrong, but I think that one has something to do with power management.

You were right it was a power management thing. I removed the kexts responsible, disabled Vt-d, disabled 'Turbo mode' in BIOS, made sure my SSD's were set to AHCI mode and now I get to the grey screen with the spinning apple wheel but though I wait for 15-20 mins it just switches off after that time. Stikk struggling to get to installer. Soon as I get this done, I'll just install windows. Lifes too short.

Erik, I can not seem to keep the motherboard from enabling turbo, I have the turbo in BIOS saying 4.5ghz, while "about this mac" gives me 3.4. Also, the GB scores are not where they are. Can you post your OC settings? Pleaaaaasssssssssssseeeee?:rolleyes:

Erik:

Can u plz suggest how to get USB3 working on Yosemite.

I followed the guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-4930k-msi-gtx-780-dual-boot-hacktintosh.html. Similar build help me get my computer up and running including USB 3 the only issue I am having is Audio. Even with USB Sound Card I am getting choppy sound. I am not sure what is going on. If anyone finds a solution please post here.

Hi n00utkast:

Can you plz suggest how to get USB3 working on Yosemite. I tried different thing as mentioned in Robbie's build but still its not working.

Thanks,

OK I'm having installation issues. Can someone help me? My system is very similar to Erik's and Robbie's and I have pored over these boards looking for information about my setup and no one seems to have exactly the same setup/components as me so I have limited info to go on.

You can see my components in my sig or under my avatar. Main difference that I can see from their builds is I have the 4820k and my video card is the EVGA GTX 75Ti. My BIOS version is 4608.

I can post BIOS screenshots and other verbose boot screenshots here in a bit if that would help.

I am trying to install 10.10 Yosemite on this system, and I'm not exactly sure where the installation is getting hung up.

verbose boot screenshot below
install screenshot IMG_20150121_105330-picsay.jpg

ANY help is much appreciated!

Hi,
I'm trying to install Mavericks 10.9.5. The installation is ok, and OS recognizes all components (SATA 3, USB 3, network; ALC892 is not recognized). When I install any component of MultiBeast, i can boot, butthe Mac logo would come up, freeze indefinitely with no spinning 'loading' sign, or freeze for a minute and then the screen would go black indefinitely until i rebooted the machine.

Can u help me please?

i7-3930k
Sabertooth x79
gigabyte gtx 670

Tks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back