Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at screnshots and signature

Thank you, so you confirm it's Dayman FB, right? and you have 3DP and 1HDMI as in my PowerColor ... As soon as I download 12.6 PB3 I will report to you.

Hey guys I've been trying everything for the last 8 hours or so to get the installer booting from usb. It just keeps resetting (or freezing with debug1 flag on) usually after "[PCI configuration started]" or after "[PCI configuration end]", which from what I have read is usually the graphics card problem. I have an X99 system and have followed guides to set up Clover on an 8GB usb drive for booting on using UEFI mode (I have disabled USB3.0). I have tried so many combinations of installing and patching ids in AMD9510 and X4000 drivers that it's not funny. I don't know what else to try, as after much reading it seems that the RX 460 should basically be supported "out of the box". Any other ideas aside from buying a cheapie card? I can't even tell after all these hours if it's 100% a video problem

Interesting that the RX480's 67DF is using AMD9500Controller while also listed in AMD9520 yet not AMD9510 which we've been using. I'll have to do benches comparing 10.12.5 Berbice/Baffin vs 10.12.6 Dayman/Ellesmere with my XFX RX480 8G REF. Too bad I won't get any temp and fan speed info, just scores.

Hey guys I've been trying everything for the last 8 hours or so to get the installer booting from usb. It just keeps resetting (or freezing with debug1 flag on) usually after "[PCI configuration started]" or after "[PCI configuration end]", which from what I have read is usually the graphics card problem. I have an X99 system and have followed guides to set up Clover on an 8GB usb drive for booting on using UEFI mode (I have disabled USB3.0). I have tried so many combinations of installing and patching ids in AMD9510 and X4000 drivers that it's not funny. I don't know what else to try, as after much reading it seems that the RX 460 should basically be supported "out of the box". Any other ideas aside from buying a cheapie card? I can't even tell after all these hours if it's 100% a video problem
rocifier - The experts will probably want more info about your rig in order to help you out. Fill out your profile as much as you can with system details.

Interesting that the RX480's 67DF is using AMD9500Controller while also listed in AMD9520 yet not AMD9510 which we've been using. I'll have to do benches comparing 10.12.5 Berbice/Baffin vs 10.12.6 Dayman/Ellesmere with my XFX RX480 8G REF. Too bad I won't get any temp and fan speed info, just scores.
what is not so clear to me is how the system decides to load one FB rather then another... why 9500 is loaded and 9520 is not...?

what is not so clear to me is how the system decides to load one FB rather then another... why 9500 is loaded and 9520 is not...?
I think I read somewhere it uses the first one in order it sees. So whatever the ordering priority is, I guess.

Is there something I need to do in order to undo this modification? I've since sold my card and am using iGPU as my one and only graphics device, and booting to Mac causes the boot to halt at the point in the boot sequence where the graphics would switch over to my AMD card.

npcie=0x3000? Kernel PM checked? Have virtualization on? Then use dart=0
what do you use as you helper card? Do you use DSDT or SSDT?

I can't get my PC to boot with monitor plugged into my rx580 card (3/4's compete booting with apple logo it flickers then goes black), I have to boot with onboard graphics card then switch to rx580 at login.

Anyone know if there is a work around this problem? its pretty IRKING to have to switch from onboard to rx580 GPU after it boots... Please anyone. and again thanks in advance for all your hard work on this site!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get my PC to boot with monitor plugged into my rx580 card (3/4's compete booting with apple logo it flickers then goes black), I have to boot with onboard graphics card then switch to rx580 at login.

Anyone know if there is a work around this problem? its pretty IRKING to have to switch from onboard to rx580 GPU after it boots... Please anyone. and again thanks in advance for all your hard work on this site!

• 1st of all you are on the wrong sysdef. Put iMac 17,1 and reboot.
  • 2nd of all: do you have QE/QI with iGPU only? I think not as you're working with Kaby Lake which is currently NOT supported.
  • 3rd of all and mostly important. Asus motherboards - Z170/Z270 series - imho have some quirks in loading IGFX (internal graphics in Skylake/Kabylake) when a discrete GPU is present! Read my posts about this! most of the time it's not possible to tell the system to boot with iGPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back