Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I have a Z170 board with a Xfx gx 480, I can see the boot screen as long as I have both the integrated and graphics card connected?

Yes, there's no problem having multiple monitors as well.

Yes, there's no problem having multiple monitors as well.
Hey Gigamaxx would you mind pointing me in the direction of the post where you describe your FakeSMC patch? Do you by chance have a download of it? I am finding references of it through the forums but haven't came across the post yet if it exists. Thanks so much for all you've done! Convinced me to get the Sapphire 480 8gb.

Nvm, I found the post, however am curious if the beta FakeSMC kext patch is still compatible with the public release of 10.12.1? Also is this what you used to get your rx 480 to work correctly? Or just so that the kext modifications survive updates?

Last edited:
I'm going to buy the MSI RX 460 2G OC. Does it work fine in Sierra? Thanks!

How is this method different from spoofing the DeviceID to 67EF? Are there any benefits of editing the info.plist over ID spoofing?

Hi guys! I have an MSI RX 480 8G, Gigabyte Z170 D3H and SkyLake 6500. I have edited info.plist - 0x67E01002 replaced on 0x67DF1002, tried all the patches that are (and FakeSMC)), in general - i have tried everything and nothing does not work, but info.plist editing gave the following result:
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0683.png
My CustoMac just freezes when loading! How to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back