Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gigamaxx Finally got the Rx 480 working in 10.12.4!!! :D . I had to use iMac 16 system definition with inject ATI with FB Baladi and Kext patch baladi FB with my card's specific ports. Thank you for your help along the way!

Hackintoshers have flashed their RX 480 cards with the Saphire RX 580 Vbios and posted benchmarks in Sierra. They work, you just need to get the card and have a decent system preferably with CPU graphics chip.
Thats funny, the 580 is just a slightly overclocked 480. seems strange they make a whole new card lineup which is exactly the same as the last one except slight faster clock speeds.

Thats funny, the 580 is just a slightly overclocked 480. seems strange they make a whole new card lineup which is exactly the same as the last one except slight faster clock speeds.

AMD is known for the refresh of older cards, it's said to be more for the board partners so they can keep their staff working on new marketing and packaging. Just bring on the Vega, it's what everyone has been waiting on for over a year.

How's your 1070 working? Any driver updates yet?

AMD is known for the refresh of older cards, it's said to be more for the board partners so they can keep their staff working on new marketing and packaging. Just bring on the Vega, it's what everyone has been waiting on for over a year.

How's your 1070 working? Any driver updates yet?
Its working great! I actually replaced it with a 1080 already lol!
there was a f2 driver update that fixed a mouse cursor color issue and night shift issue I was having but performance is not as good as a 980Ti it seems - I think they just took the existing Maxwell driver and made it work so its not optimized for pascal yet, hopefully the final one will be. it doesn't really affect me since basic driver support is all I need, I boot into windows for games.

I do have one annoying issue, all of my power options are gone except for put hard disks to sleep and wake for network access. I had them at one point but am missing the power nap and prevent computer from sleeping with display off. I think somehow that is checked so my computer won't ever automatically sleep if the screen is off. I have gone through and tried to edit the kext that says only show unified power settings as well as double checked my config.plist but I cant get them to reappear. can you check my config and see if theres anything obvious? I am using 14,2 so those settings should be there.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 212
Hello
Today I've bought asus rx470 4gb. I installed the card.
I see bios screen and loading screen and I can sign in. but under "about this mac" display shown as 5 mb. What should I do?

Hello
Today I've bought asus rx470 4gb. I installed the card.
I see bios screen and loading screen and I can sign in. but under "about this mac" display shown as 5 mb. What should I do?
did you read the thread?

did you read the thread?
I've read the first page. should I read all 88 pages? I can read all the pages if It helps :)

I've read instructions and I made changes step by step. Now it shows rx470 and 4gb. That part is ok. But performance is just a mess. screen is tearing in sign in section and while moving windows. When I search something on chrome, It shows %10 of the screen %90 is white or blank.

I've read the first page. should I read all 88 pages? I can read all the pages if It helps :)

I've read instructions and I made changes step by step. Now it shows rx470 and 4gb. That part is ok. But performance is just a mess. screen is tearing in sign in section and while moving windows. When I search something on chrome, It shows %10 of the screen %90 is white or blank.

Can you list your current specs?
Brand and model RX
Motherboard and CPU etc...

Hi again.
First of all here is my hardware list
  • Intel I5 3570k 3.4ghz
  • Msi z77a gd55 mobo
  • Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 2666mhz
  • OCZ Fatal1ty 750W 80plus psu
  • TP-LINK WA500G (I use this one for wifi coz no wifi option on my mobo)
  • Cooler Master HAF XB EVO case (I'm not sure if it is necessary to know)
  • Kingston hyperx 3K 240GB SSD
I was using this system 1-2 months with hd4000 without trouble. now I have rx470 asus 4gb. And problems started. Also I should say I'm not so familiar to hackintosh stuff so When I try to repair something, I break things :( now sound is gone too but its easy I solved before.

Anyway. There is something to say against what I've read, I Don't have black screen on boot. I can see apple logo and loading bar. after that password screen. and desktop. all process I can see. but while all that happens, screen is clipping. It is not fluid. Its like the graphics card is not effecting to the performance.

I've uploaded some screens for information. I use 10.12.4 sierra. I've changed/added some values to some files which I show in screenshots. If you need any info I can add.

Thanks for helping

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 01.34.32.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 01.34.32.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 198
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 01.37.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 01.37.03.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 196
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back