Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Guys I think I've found out the problem. I didn't disable SIP from recovery. when I try to enter "command + R" on boot it repeats restarting. how can I enter recovery?

Your clover boot screen menu should have one listed if not it wasn't created during system build. Qq
Guys I think I've found out the problem. I didn't disable SIP from recovery. when I try to enter "command + R" on boot it repeats restarting. how can I enter recovery?

You can try by reloading clover bootloader. Select RC (Recovery) scripts as shown. drag a copy of your config.plist to desktop and any other added kexts or files in original clov er bootloader before reloading. Use EFIMounter to acess your EFI partition to get these.

Clover RC scripts.png

Motherboard
msi z77a gd55
CPU
I5 3570k
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I couldn't wait for your response. And reinstalled 10.12.3 version from zero. It shows r9 xxx 4096mb directly. On desktop OS is not fluid yet but It is better than before. Now I will do post process stuff.

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77 PRO
CPU
i7-3770K
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Want to thank Gigamaxx for keeping this thread going and the OP relevant through all the revisions and changes. I'm going to give my MSI Gaming X 470 a try again in the next 24 hours or so.

I've set IGPU as primary to an old 4:3 LCD I've had hanging around, connected to the motherboard by DVI. Gaming performance in Windows doesn't seem to be affected at all by this designation. So, with that solid, I'm going to try to make these adjustments in OSX and hopefully get some decent performance going on. If I do, is keeping the monitor connected a must? OSX seems to be sort of wonky using two screens, and wants to use the old monitor attached to the IGPU as the primary display, and switching the primary (at least without acceleration) seems to have weird effects. Can I disconnect the monitor if I'm okay with Clover autobooting behind a black screen that I can't see?

Motherboard
msi z77a gd55
CPU
I5 3570k
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Gigamaxx

Good news at least :)

I reinstalled sierra 10.12.3 last night. And I did the process like you said step by step. It works now without problem. Sooo smooth. Thank you for share and help.

I want to warn fellas about my mistakes which are possible to make for everyone.

1) before the process, you should remove your graphics card completely and plug your monitor with output of mobo. Thats important.
2) open your OSX with your Integrated graphics processor NOT PEG!
3) do the process and after complete don't restart. Turn your pc off.
4) install graphics card. and put your cable to GPU, don't change IGP to PEG!, do the rest.

Now I have just one question left. When I move mouse cursor to right of the screen, It disappers. Probably It goes to the second screen. When I try to make monitors as mirror, Black screen comes. How can I put limit to right side of the monitor to block cursor?

Last edited:
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
MSI RX 470
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys! Sorry, but for six months I am suffering with the factory MSI RX 470 .. Please describe the way with all the steps how to run this card!
Processor - i5-6600K
Motherboard - ASUS Pime H270 - PLUS

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi Gigamaxx

Good news at least :)

I reinstalled sierra 10.12.3 last night. And I did the process like you said step by step. It works now without problem. Sooo smooth. Thank you for share and help.

I want to warn fellas about my mistakes which are possible to make for everyone.

1) before the process, you should remove your graphics card completely and plug your monitor with output of mobo. Thats important.
2) open your OSX with your Integrated graphics processor NOT PEG!
3) do the process and after complete don't restart. Turn your pc off.
4) install graphics card. and put your cable to GPU, don't change IGP to PEG!, do the rest.

Now I have just one question left. When I move mouse cursor to right of the screen, It disappers. Probably It goes to the second screen. When I try to make monitors as mirror, Black screen comes. How can I put limit to right side of the monitor to block cursor?

SytemPreferances/Displays go to arrangement. Drag the white frame display over the other frame. your monitor should glow red around the edges then let go.

I use a VGA cable to CPU graphics and a HDMI for RX card. Set GUI in clover to 1920x1080 or what ever settings for monitor and when it boots it drops the VGA screen. I end up with only one monitor in displays.

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi guys! Sorry, but for six months I am suffering with the factory MSI RX 470 .. Please describe the way with all the steps how to run this card!
Processor - i5-6600K
Motherboard - ASUS Pime H270 - PLUS

I tested a i5 7600k in December with RX 480, as long as you have a working igpu it will work. Go to the first page and follow the pictorial and instructions. It shows you how to do everything to get RX working. It's a long first page.