Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! Sorry, but for six months I am suffering with the factory MSI RX 470 .. Please describe the way with all the steps how to run this card!
Processor - i5-6600K
Motherboard - ASUS Pime H270 - PLUS

Hi Gigamaxx

Good news at least :)

I reinstalled sierra 10.12.3 last night. And I did the process like you said step by step. It works now without problem. Sooo smooth. Thank you for share and help.

I want to warn fellas about my mistakes which are possible to make for everyone.

1) before the process, you should remove your graphics card completely and plug your monitor with output of mobo. Thats important.
2) open your OSX with your Integrated graphics processor NOT PEG!
3) do the process and after complete don't restart. Turn your pc off.
4) install graphics card. and put your cable to GPU, don't change IGP to PEG!, do the rest.

Now I have just one question left. When I move mouse cursor to right of the screen, It disappers. Probably It goes to the second screen. When I try to make monitors as mirror, Black screen comes. How can I put limit to right side of the monitor to block cursor?

SytemPreferances/Displays go to arrangement. Drag the white frame display over the other frame. your monitor should glow red around the edges then let go.

I use a VGA cable to CPU graphics and a HDMI for RX card. Set GUI in clover to 1920x1080 or what ever settings for monitor and when it boots it drops the VGA screen. I end up with only one monitor in displays.

Hi guys! Sorry, but for six months I am suffering with the factory MSI RX 470 .. Please describe the way with all the steps how to run this card!
Processor - i5-6600K
Motherboard - ASUS Pime H270 - PLUS

I tested a i5 7600k in December with RX 480, as long as you have a working igpu it will work. Go to the first page and follow the pictorial and instructions. It shows you how to do everything to get RX working. It's a long first page.

Hi guys
Sierra Update 10.12.4
Sapphire RX480
Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) 10.3.3

I've been trying to fix the issues with FCPX keep crashing when loading Library in the latest update of Sierra 10.12.4.
So I found this works for me after I updated the /system/Library/Extensions Kexts for RX 480. and Configured Clover as Below
Devices:
ATI:0x67DF1002
IntelGFX:0x19120003
Graphics:
FB Name: Dayman
IG-Platform-ID: 0a206080
Inject Intel: yes
Inject ATI: yes
SMBIOS: IMac 17.1

Note: you must unplug display cable from Motherboard.

Cinebench Marks:
CPU: 870
OpenGL: 120.02

I hope you some will benefit from this

Best Regards

Hi guys
Sierra Update 10.12.4
Sapphire RX480
Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) 10.3.3

I've been trying to fix the issues with FCPX keep crashing when loading Library in the latest update of Sierra 10.12.4.
So I found this works for me after I updated the /system/Library/Extensions Kexts for RX 480. and Configured Clover as Below
Devices:
ATI:0x67DF1002
IntelGFX:0x19120003
Graphics:
FB Name: Dayman
IG-Platform-ID: 0a206080
Inject Intel: yes
Inject ATI: yes
SMBIOS: IMac 17.1

Note: you must unplug display cable from Motherboard.

Cinebench Marks:
CPU: 870
OpenGL: 120.02

I hope you some will benefit from this

Best Regards

SKL CRB graphics, these are the native Skylake graphics for Apple. Using HD 530 fixes can cause bugs in open CL apps. I recommend these settings on a fresh install for use with RX cards. If you try to do them after you have set HD 530 fixes you need to remove the kext patches for the 530 in clover or they may not work right. Just let the apple drivers do all the work and apps tend to do better.

Did you have HD 530 graphics fixes installed before the crashes?

I have Sierra 10.12.4 running and my machines boots, this was huge for me to get this far... ;-).
Mac info.JPG

I have a Radeon Sapphire 480 8gb - I tried following the procdure at https://www.theitsage.com/install-radeon-rx-480-gpu-macos-sierra/ but I have several issues

1. I do not have a systems/extentensions folder for the kexts, I do have a Library/Extensions
2. I cannot get into Recovery mode even if I hold command R....any suggestions?

1. Probably you don't see hidden files. Check this first.
2. You should have the flash drive which you have prepared with unibeast to install sierra. insert it and restart. after bios screen pass, in clover menu you should choose recovery.

I have Sierra 10.12.4 running and my machines boots, this was huge for me to get this far... ;-).
View attachment 252000

I have a Radeon Sapphire 480 8gb - I tried following the procdure at https://www.theitsage.com/install-radeon-rx-480-gpu-macos-sierra/ but I have several issues

1. I do not have a systems/extentensions folder for the kexts, I do have a Library/Extensions

Take a look inside of the System/Library folder and you should have the missing Extensions folder in there. That location is often referred to as S/L/E or SLE. [In the Finder, select the Go menu option and down at the bottom of the dropdown list is the 'Go to Folder...' choice. You can use it as well to get there.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back