GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having issues with applications recognizing my Cuda enabled GPU (GTX 970).

Specifically Adobe AE CC 2014, and Octane Renderer.

I've tried adding my card to the raytracer_supported_cards.txt file in ae but still is not recognized.

Any advice on Cuda GPU's would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 3.29.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-24 at 3.28.53 PM.png

Same work me. The 970 is not listed in Davinci Resolve. System sees it tho. I suspect that CUDA is causing issues. I tried different versions of CUDA, but I can't seem to find the one that works.

Same here. I am running a GTX 970 paired with HD4000 integrated and Adobe's suite (2014.2) only sees the OpenCL integrated graphics. I have Nvidia Web Driver 343.02.01f01 with CUDA 6.5.36 and everything is fantastic other than this. For CC is there something other than the GPU sniffer app that identifies graphics cards?

6.5.36 Doesn't work with GTX 970 or GTX 980's

There's a newer CUDA Driver specifically for GTX 970 & 980's

download:http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Qu...5.37-macos.dmg

I've gotten CUDA X to work and premiere pro

Ray tracing still doesn't work in After Effects

I just went through some similar issues with my 970's. If I can offer up any help, it would be to see if there is anything on this thread (the one I used to ask for assistance) that you all would be able to glean information from. There is not anything specific about CUDA, but I had a similar issue with attempting to enable CUDA and full acceleration on both cards.

Hope this was of some help, and best of luck to you all! ;)

I would like to bump this thread to see if there has been any update?

Bump again!

Well as of now I have my EVGA GTX 970 working with adobe premier with open cl and my CUDA Driver Version: 7.0.36 and GPU Driver Version: 10.3.7 (346.01.02f04). However my main question is does anyone know if Raytracing is working in AE. I have tried editing the raytracing textdoc like so many tutorials said to do but not dice. Also the GPU works with other adobe cc suite like photoshop, premier etc and Maya 2015 but AE is a no go. If anyone can point me to a tut on how to fix this and enable it and also what is the diffrence between CUDA and OpenCL and if this affects anything. Any useful links would be helpful. I love to read and learn and thats one of the main reasons I built my hackintosh and thanks to this website and you guys I haven't had any problem I haven't been able to solve by researching on here. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back