Contribute
Register

Elitebook 8470p No webcam after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
great !!
ok .. but i don't problems till now , so i think i'm good with USB3 driver

Your issues with the camera seem to imply otherwise...

nguyenmac said : "you don't need to run PBI CE many times, because it will actually do nothing special"

why installing hp probook installer won't do anything special ?

I think nguyenmac is saying you only need to run it once with the correct options.

PBI CE mean : HP Probook installer .. am i right ?
if not , what is " PBI CE " ??

PBI-CE == ProBook Installer Clover Edition.

i think my cam works fine before and after sleep , the owner of the threat is who have this cam issue :(

OK. Glad you have your problem fixed.

Could trying GenericUSBXHCI.kext do anything for me even though the cam is on EHC? I looked in /efi/clover/kexts/10.10 and it's not there

Could trying GenericUSBXHCI.kext do anything for me even though the cam is on EHC? I looked in /efi/clover/kexts/10.10 and it's not there

We don't use GenericUSBXHCI.kext on the 8470p. Instead, we use DSDT patches to help AppleUSBXHCI.kext work.

Have you tried a fresh install?

We don't use GenericUSBXHCI.kext on the 8470p. Instead, we use DSDT patches to help AppleUSBXHCI.kext work.

Have you tried a fresh install?

Yeah, tried fresh install. No changes. Here's something I just noticed though. For fun I replaced the dsdt in the "patched" dir with the "origin" one, noticed an extra device on next reboot. I wasn't able to test sleep with the origin dsdt as the system was very slow & unresponsive, but is it at all possible there's some sort of quirk with my board? We already know the 8470p can have (atleast) 2 different camera vendors maybe there's some other changes as well?

I'm attaching an archive of the decompiled origin & patched dsdt's, along with a screenshot of the extra devices that appeared, if anyone cares to investigate. I don't have the dsdt expertise to catch if anything is wrong between the two versions. There do appear to be differences in the _WAK & HWAK methods, but again no idea what I'm doing.

Screenshot.jpg

Attachments

• origin_patched.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
Yeah, tried fresh install. No changes. Here's something I just noticed though. For fun I replaced the dsdt in the "patched" dir with the "origin" one, noticed an extra device on next reboot. I wasn't able to test sleep with the origin dsdt as the system was very slow & unresponsive, but is it at all possible there's some sort of quirk with my board? We already know the 8470p can have (atleast) 2 different camera vendors maybe there's some other changes as well?

I'm attaching an archive of the decompiled origin & patched dsdt's, along with a screenshot of the extra devices that appeared, if anyone cares to investigate. I don't have the dsdt expertise to catch if anything is wrong between the two versions. There do appear to be differences in the _WAK & HWAK methods, but again no idea what I'm doing.

View attachment 126101

The extra devices are expected without patched DSDT.

Ok so is this something i'm just gonna have to live with and is not fixable?

Trying to come at it from a different approach, would it in theory be possible to develop some kext that "punks" the cam into thinking the system was just booted up? The log messages do mention the cam turning itself off...

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]Jan 19 09:45:30 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device HP HD Webcam [Fixed] (Port 3 of Hub at 0x1a100000) may have caused a wake by being [/COLOR][B]disconnected[/B]

Ok so is this something i'm just gonna have to live with and is not fixable?

Trying to come at it from a different approach, would it in theory be possible to develop some kext that "punks" the cam into thinking the system was just booted up? The log messages do mention the cam turning itself off...

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]Jan 19 09:45:30 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: The USB device HP HD Webcam [Fixed] (Port 3 of Hub at 0x1a100000) may have caused a wake by being [/COLOR][B]disconnected[/B]

Did you check to see if there is a firmware update available for your camera?

Yeah I checked, no firmware updates. Issue doesn't happen in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back