Contribute
Register

Elitebook 8470p No webcam after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be a pretty complex install, no?

HP's service manual has complete instructions for servicing any component in the laptop.

I was thinking something along the lines of using the AnyiSight.kext to fake the device id of a cam matching HP's firmware update tool (which is not for my cam), using Parallels & flashing inappropriate firmware to it may render it unusable and I could send it off to warranty and see what they do with it :think:

It won't work (firmware flashing in VM).

I noticed that wake from USB doesn't work either, shouldn't that be all good with patched dsdt? I tried with and without selecting USB Injection in clover configuration. USB mouse clicks not waking, works on desktop hack though.

Option for wake from usb is enabled in bios.

I noticed that wake from USB doesn't work either, shouldn't that be all good with patched dsdt? I tried with and without selecting USB Injection in clover configuration. USB mouse clicks not waking, works on desktop hack though.

Option for wake from usb is enabled in bios.

Wake on USB cannot be supported. It is disabled to avoid instant wake.

I see. I recall having the exact same issue a few years back with my desktop Gigabyte hack. The external webcam would immediately wake the machine after trying to sleep it. Correct patches to the dsdt alleviated the problem, and I'm typing from that machine right now, wakes with pwrb and/or usb interaction.

And it had exactly something to do with PME, PMES, WRTA, similar things I'm seeing in the EHC devices and logs... but alone they don't mean anything to me. Something is not quite right...

I see. I recall having the exact same issue a few years back with my desktop Gigabyte hack. The external webcam would immediately wake the machine after trying to sleep it. Correct patches to the dsdt alleviated the problem, and I'm typing from that machine right now, wakes with pwrb and/or usb interaction.

And it had exactly something to do with PMES, WRTA, similar things I'm seeing in the EHC devices... but alone they don't mean anything to me. Something is not quite right...

If you have details, I'd be interested in investigating.

This issue is resolved in PBI 6.4.6, webcam works after sleep everytime now :thumbup:
Probably been fixed for awhile, just never updated in over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back