Contribute
Register

Elitebook 8470p No webcam after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I checked, no firmware updates. Issue doesn't happen in Windows

You should look at your ioreg to see if you see anything strange with regard to USB devices...

If you have a bluetooth device, keep in mind you may need to install a firmware uploader. Otherwise, Yosemite detects some sort of error, and tends to reset the USB bus repeatedly.

Bluetooth is working without any firmware uploader,
all other USB devices work fine, external logitech cam, external hdd, usb flash drive, etc. no problems with USB in general. Both EHCI hubs work fine. That's the only message I see in logs about the cam, & only after first sleep.

Bluetooth is working without any firmware uploader,
all other USB devices work fine, external logitech cam, external hdd, usb flash drive, etc. no problems with USB in general. Both EHCI hubs work fine. That's the only message I see in logs about the cam, & only after first sleep.

After the second sleep, it works?

No, I wish. Only one way it works is to restart.
All I see in the logs about USB after second sleep onwards is

Previous sleep cause: 5
USBF: 5061.511 AppleUSBEHCI: setPowerState - PCI device still has PME status bit set. PMCSR is 0x8000
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
USBF: 5061.511 AppleUSBEHCI: setPowerState - PCI device still has PME status bit set. PMCSR is 0x8000
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Not sure if thats related to the cam at all

No, I wish. Only one way it works is to restart.
All I see in the logs about USB after second sleep onwards is

Previous sleep cause: 5
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Not sure if thats related to the cam at all

Is your DSDT correctly patched?

I assume so because everything else is working 100%... is there something special I need to patch after selecting the 2x70p/6x70b/8x70p option in PBICE?

Well I guess I'm all out of options then...
Since there's no other option, I may play a game of chance with HP, the laptop is still under warranty... and if something unfortunate should so happen to the screen...... *knock on wood*... replacement of the top half would give me a chance at getting a new cam :twisted: - or better yet, target the cam itself

Well I guess I'm all out of options then...
Since there's no other option, I may play a game of chance with HP, the laptop is still under warranty... and if something unfortunate should so happen to the screen...... *knock on wood*... replacement of the top half would give me a chance at getting a new cam :twisted: - or better yet, target the cam itself

You could also probably order a replacement cam. You might get a different model that is more compatible. Ebay might be a good source as you can get details on the actual item.

Going to be a pretty complex install, no?

I was thinking something along the lines of using the AnyiSight.kext to fake the device id of a cam matching HP's firmware update tool (which is not for my cam), using Parallels & flashing inappropriate firmware to it may render it unusable and I could send it off to warranty and see what they do with it :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back