Contribute
Register

Elitebook 8460P Yosemite HD3000 VLC (and other GPU acceleration) issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes "à la lettre"...

I looks to be a common MacOS HD3000 issue since the issue occurs on a real Mac too.

I would prefer another solution but with AppleGraphicsPowerManagement enabled my computer freeze all the time when using VLC and Mission control, probably a compatibility issue between GFX acceleration process and Power management.

I'm the only one who encountering this??

I would prefer another solution but with AppleGraphicsPowerManagement enabled my computer freeze all the time when using VLC and Mission control, probably a compatibility issue between GFX acceleration process and Power management.

I'm the only one who encountering this??

You probably made a mistake in your installation process.

You probably made a mistake in your installation process.

Missing install process? Impossible! Running an install process, pressing F4 and running a all in one app (PBI)? Nothing special.

look here https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=122308

Furthermore the problem exists under windows 8 too.

Impossible to run VLC flawless on W8 nether.

The problem appears when using a non GFX accelerated app like VLC. On Win8 VLC stacks completely, impossible to watch a movie without lagging.

On MacOS what i noticed is:

-Problems with deep sleep. (Computer restarts if mouse scrolling to fast at login page waking up).
-And OS freezing when using the Mission control windows browsing during Hi Res Movie back playing using a non GPU accelerated app.

No Mac or MS issues anymore if using a GPU accelerated app (like Quicktime or WMP).

Since i removed AppleGraphicsPowerManagement Yosemite runs flawless.

I still want to find a better solution but for sure i installed (three times) my Elitebook and this problems still exists.

Regards.

Missing install process? Impossible! Running an install process, pressing F4 and running a all in one app (PBI)? Nothing special.

Furthermore the problem exists under windows 8 too.

Impossible to run VLC flawless on W8 nether.

The problem appears when using a non GFX accelerated app like VLC. On Win8 VLC stacks completely, impossible to watch a movie without lagging.

On MacOS what i noticed is:

-Problems with deep sleep. (Computer restarts if mouse scrolling to fast at login page waking up).
-And OS freezing when using the Mission control windows browsing during Hi Res Movie back playing using a non GPU accelerated app.

Any Mac or MS issues anymore if using a GPU accelerated app (like Quicktime or WMP).

Since i removed AppleGraphicsPowerManagement Yosemite runs flawless.

I still want to find a better solution but for sure i installed (three times) my Elitebook and this problems still exists.

Regards.

I said 'mistake in install process', not 'missing install process'.

Sounds like you may have a hardware problem.

Sorry to insist i have two models of that laptop.

Same issue.

Did you try exactly what i'm talking about, to run a HD movie in VLC and browsing workspaces with mission control?

Sorry to insist i have two models of that laptop.

Same issue.

Did you try exactly what i'm talking about, to run a HD movie in VLC and browsing workspaces with mission control?

I don't have an 8460P.

:)

Ok...

Anyone else who encountered that issue???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back