Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't believe it but now I have USB 3.0 and sleep/wake works as it should!

Thank you very much for all of your help and valuable time for walking me through this. I know this was something that would have taken 5 minutes for anyone else to fix while it's been a marathon for me. At least now I think I have a better understanding what I need to do if I have to in the future.

Super... and you learned a few things...

You were right RehabMan, Vendor ID 0x8086 in AppleUSBXHCILPT works now since 10.11.1 update, didn't have had to change anything at least.
Testet speeds with disk mark, really 5GB/s.

Thanks so much! Followed this to the letter. Appreciate such thoroughly detailed instructions. Pretty much everything happened just as you described.

This solved the USB 3.0 issues after the 10.11.1 upgrade for me.

Worked for me !

I can't say of sleep/wake because after weeks I've never been able to make it work (goes to sleep but when woke up just the activity light of the case that goes steady after blinking and black screen).

But I've a question, I've done everything in the guide exept :

In the Rt Variables section set your booterconfig to 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig to 0x67

because I wasn't sure what I was doing with that (understood it has to do with kext signing) but it works with CsrActiveConfig to 0x3, am I mising something ?

thanks !

Worked for me !

But I've a question, I've done everything in the guide exept :

because I wasn't sure what I was doing with that (understood it has to do with kext signing) but it works with CsrActiveConfig to 0x3, am I mising something ?

thanks !

csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely

either is fine.

Matt

After updating to 10.11.1 i can remove all the fixes i have listed in the original post and USB3 and USB2 works fine. Apart from only one USB3 port recognises USB3 devices, USB2 devices are fine in those ports. Sleep and Wake are perfect to even with wake on USB re-enabled.

Im guessing i need to look at my injector to see whats changed.

Matt

@rehabman.

Has there use of injectors changed in 10.11.1 ?

Without any fixes my USB3 works, (on only one port)
All ports work ok with USB2.

When i install my injector that i made in the other thread to enable SSP1 - SSP6 ALL the USB2 ports stop working.
The only thing i have is the clover patch to rename EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02

Thanks in advance

Matt

Sorted.

OK.

So on my motherboard with 10.11.1

On a clean install of 10.11.1

I have to do this to enable USB3 .

Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and then install the USB injector kext i made a while ago to enable SSP1 - SSP6

Also i renamed EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 via clover DSDT patches. ( not sure if needed )

A lot simpler, And sleep/wake works as it should even with USB wake enabled.

Matt

* edit, nope. with
FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and my injector kext installed it wakes up from sleep straight away when a USB3 device is plugged in.

So on a clean install only one USB3 port works with USB3 devices, but wake/sleep works 100% as soon as i install the above kexts i get all the USB3 ports working but i break sleep/wake. *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back