Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here is what I got from the latest F4 at boot:

View attachment 158151

To get error free DSDT, same process as post #243. What, specifically, are you trying to change?

(If you're trying to patch XWAK, you should first verify that you actually need to...)

To get error free DSDT, same process as post #243. What, specifically, are you trying to change?

(If you're trying to patch XWAK, you should first verify that you actually need to...)

After installing El Capitan I did not have USB 3.0 working. So, I followed the instructions in the OP to create a DSDT. I did get USB 3.0 to show up, but I am not sure if it is actually working.

Before DSDT I had perfectly functioning sleep/wake. After DSDT I had instant wake and the monitor would not come back on.

After upgrading to 10.11.1 the system sleeps without instantly waking. Wake with power button wakes the system and powers on the monitor, wake with BT mouse or BT keyboard wakes the system with the monitor still black. In both cases it appears now that USB does not work upon waking. Have to restart the system.

I am just trying to get working USB 3.0 and a system that sleeps and wakes, but cannot do anything since I do not have a DSDT that compiles cleanly.

This is what I am trying to do.

Does this make any sense?

Thank you. I apologize for my inexperience in this area.

Hi.

I have the same Board as OP, did first fix with clover config and everything seems to work as expected.

I have 2 questions:

1º Can I re-enable SIP after the process?

2º Is this "hub" tree normal? Speeds are OK but it doesn't seem right... Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 11.27.00 AM.png

After installing El Capitan I did not have USB 3.0 working. So, I followed the instructions in the OP to create a DSDT. I did get USB 3.0 to show up, but I am not sure if it is actually working.

Before DSDT I had perfectly functioning sleep/wake. After DSDT I had instant wake and the monitor would not come back on.

What changes did you make to the DSDT? If you made changes related to USB, then that can cause "instant wake", which can require more patches (_PRW patch).

After upgrading to 10.11.1 the system sleeps without instantly waking. Wake with power button wakes the system and powers on the monitor, wake with BT mouse or BT keyboard wakes the system with the monitor still black. In both cases it appears now that USB does not work upon waking. Have to restart the system.

Could be related to XWAK.

I am just trying to get working USB 3.0 and a system that sleeps and wakes, but cannot do anything since I do not have a DSDT that compiles cleanly.

Follow my instructions and you'll have a DSDT that compiles cleanly.

Hi.

I have the same Board as OP, did first fix with clover config and everything seems to work as expected.

I have 2 questions:

1º Can I re-enable SIP after the process?

SIP can be enabled, but keep in mind that any time a cache rebuild takes place, SIP will need to be disabled, otherwise the next boot will fail.

2º Is this "hub" tree normal? Speeds are OK but it doesn't seem right...View attachment 158244

Looks normal.

What changes did you make to the DSDT? If you made changes related to USB, then that can cause "instant wake", which can require more patches (_PRW patch).

Could be related to XWAK.

Follow my instructions and you'll have a DSDT that compiles cleanly.

I thought I followed your instructions to the letter.

I followed the procedure in the OP to make USB 3.0 work (confirmed). The only changes that I made were to apply the 2 patches you suggested (PARSEOP_ZER0 and ADBG). When I compile I get the error: 20, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK and premature End-Of-File

I do not have instant wake anymore since updating to 10.11.1. I have the sleep/wake issues outlined above.

I cannot make the change to XWAK since I cannot save the file due to the compile error.

SIP can be enabled, but keep in mind that any time a cache rebuild takes place, SIP will need to be disabled, otherwise the next boot will fail.

This explains some errors I had before. Thanks :D

I thought I followed your instructions to the letter.

I followed the procedure in the OP to make USB 3.0 work (confirmed). The only changes that I made were to apply the 2 patches you suggested (PARSEOP_ZER0 and ADBG). When I compile I get the error: 20, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK and premature End-Of-File

Which version of MaciASL are you using? If you read the README at my laptop patch repo (you read it, right?), you'll see my version is linked from it, and recommended.

Version 1.3 (252)

Doesn't tell me anything. Did you use the version linked by the README or not?

Make sure you have ACPI 5.0 selected in prefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back